BBros in England

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pilgrim, Apr 13, 2005.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim Member

Are there any suppliers in England that retail Brooks Brothers clothing. I've received their catalogue and the shipping prices are quite high.

2. demeis

demeis Senior member

I am almost 100% positive that you won't find any BB in England. BB is its own store and only BB stores carry their merchandise. They used to do sales through other stores but no longer do (I think they stopped when they were bought by RBA). I think you can only find BB in the US and Japan all other would be through mail order.

3. Trilby

Trilby Senior member

Not in the UK. At one point, a shop in Milan carried a selection of BB clothes, but I don't know if they still do.

This probably isn't the exact advice you were looking for, but I have a very simple suggestion. Wait until BB has a sale coming up, and then take a cheap flight to New York to stock up.

BB's prices, especially on sale, are less than anything comparable you could find in the UK. If you buy more than a minimal amount of stuff, you will easily cover the cost of the flight.

4. daniele6

daniele6 Senior member

The flagship store in Milano has almost everything you can find in any main USA BB store. Here in Italy many many other small stores all over the country carry BB shirts, pants, ties, blazers, sleepwear, accessories...the prices are quite high however. A non-iron shirt is 98 euro, a classic polo shirt is 72 euro, a brookscool suit is 550-600 euro, a tie is 55-70 euro.

5. Chris H

Chris H Member

Not only are the shipping charges expensive, you will also find that the customs duty is very high at around 12 per cent on clothing from outside the EU. With VAT at 17.5 per cent on the total including the shipping, and a handling charge on top.
    The cheapest way would be to contact the Milan store and order from there. Italy is in the EU so any goods would be duty free.
    You could also check out ebay.com there are usually some new 'old stock' Brooks Brothers items for sale at very reasonable prices.

6. pilgrim

pilgrim Member

Thanks for the responses...I think Ebay is my best option.

7. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Davide Cenci carried BB in Roma last time I looked.