• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Store Manager gave me a freebie

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a BB sales guy once gave me a tube of collar stays for free :)

just sayin.

deburn

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I was away from the forums for a bit. I finally went there last week, apprehensive that because 2-3 weeks had passed, they might not "remember" what was offered to me.

The store that made me the offer has a very limited selection (Boston financial district) - I got the impression from talking to the SA, who didn't know what I was there for, that they didn't stock any GF, but I could be wrong since I didn't ask specifically.

I got an ESF shirt with french cuffs and I got two ties since they had a selection of ties that were 50% off. They don't stock ESFs so the store manager ordered one online and I should get it this week.

So I didn't come away with some really expensive stuff, which I wouldn't have felt comfortable asking for anyway, but I did get a BB Fitzgerald, an ESF shirt and two ties for 499.00. I can only hope there are more such mistakes in my future!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask the Manager to confirm it and the value that is intended.

Don't be greedy and pick the most expensive thing you can, the mistake was hardly so serious as to merit such generosity anyway. i am sure though that you never make mistakes....

Last edited:

deburn

Reaction score

Ask the Manager to confirm it and the value that is intended.

Don't be greedy and pick the most expensive thing you can, the mistake was hardly so serious as to merit such generosity anyway. i am sure though that you never make mistakes....

dude, what are you talking about? Did you read my post?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads