• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB SC/Blazer purchase poll

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All, trying to take advantage of current 2 for $799 deal (+ a special 20% discount). Depending on how deep the anniversary sale (usually around 25%) discounts in June, I think I'll be better off taking the plunge now... I would appreciate you opinions/suggestions..Thanks in advance... ...the Fitzgerald cut is perfect as I have tried them all in-store. So, if I have to get 2 items which one... A. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize= ==> full canvas; milled by Cornecini ?? B. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize= ..plus C. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...size=40%20Long D. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...size=40%20Long ==> full canvas; milled by EThomas

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump...
Please weigh in with your opinion/suggestion...any aditional feedback is appreciated. Thanks

csoukoulis

Reaction score
just so you know you cant pic more than 1 option how you have the poll setup. I like A&C btw.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fabric on A is awesome. My only comments would be that the fit is not slim at all and the metal buttons are kind of old school. My tailor ended up slimming it quite a bit, and replaced the buttons with ivory ones and the jacket looks 100x better.

If the fit is decent on you, I would definitely grab it though b/c of the fabric/construction.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
just so you know you cant pic more than 1 option how you have the poll setup. I like A&C btw.
I dont know how to make changes on my polling options
smile.gif
...thanks for your feedback btw

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sportin_life
The fabric on A is awesome. My only comments would be that the fit is not slim at all and the metal buttons are kind of old school. My tailor ended up slimming it quite a bit, and replaced the buttons with ivory ones and the jacket looks 100x better.
If the fit is decent on you, I would definitely grab it though b/c of the fabric/construction.

I think the fit of Fitz is great as is but I totally agree on the buttons. Any idea where I can purchase Ivory or Horn buttons as replacements? Thanks

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fitz blazer + plus any one of the Fitz sport coats. I also would replace the metal buttons of the blazer with brown horn or MOP, but since the metal buttons are not golden it is not too bad (does not look like a sailor who lost his ship)

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...any feedback on the 2 SC's? This is primarily for general casual and Spring (or even early Summer) wear. The windowpane jacket's material is silk/wool, which has a very fine and soft feel. While the Deco is Saxxon 100% wool, I think it would be too heavy for warmer temperatures.

...thoughts on flexibility for Fall season (layering) wear ?

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexE
Fitz blazer + plus any one of the Fitz sport coats. I also would replace the metal buttons of the blazer with brown horn or MOP, but since the metal buttons are not golden it is not too bad (does not look like a sailor who lost his ship)
...or an advert for Brooks Brothers.
IMG_0848.jpg
...yes I would change the buttons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads