• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Peal & Co. Straight Cap-toe Blucher

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't see the soles or heel, but I will guess they are Alfred Sargent. I have a pair of brogues from Peal, they are very nice quality, especially at 40% off.

Did you try them on in the store?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a pair - very good quality, and mine are def. AS.

Lord Asquith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
Can't see the soles or heel, but I will guess they are Alfred Sargent. I have a pair of brogues from Peal, they are very nice quality, especially at 40% off.

Did you try them on in the store?

All of the Peals are worth the retail price. And stop guessing because the brand name is PEAL and whether they're made in a factory with the Peal name over the door or made according to Peal specifications by another shoemaker is irrelevant. When you buy a polo shirt at Saks with the Saks label in it do you worry about who made it or just trust the Saks buyer's judgement that is it of good quality?

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord Asquith
When you buy a polo shirt at Saks with the Saks label in it do you worry about who made it or just trust the Saks buyer's judgement that is it of good quality?

I worry about who made it.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the Peals are worth the retail price. And stop guessing because the brand name is PEAL and whether they're made in a factory with the Peal name over the door or made according to Peal specifications by another shoemaker is irrelevant. When you buy a polo shirt at Saks with the Saks label in it do you worry about who made it or just trust the Saks buyer's judgement that is it of good quality?

Are you serious? Of course you want to know who made it. First of all for recrafting reasons. Secondly, because different makers feel and fit different (yes, even if they have the Peal name). For instance, Aldens do not fit me well or look right on me. This is especially important when ordering something on sale through their on-line clearance section.

As a side note, I'm still trying to figure out who makes their shearling boots (not Peal & Co branded) as I picked some up this winter and would like to know where I will eventually need to recraft them.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I'm piling on here... you're right that the quality standards are set by BB and could be better or worse than the quality of the manufacturer's standard lines, but the lasts they use are the same, so if you know what fits you from a specific maker, it can be easier to buy online. It was a legit question.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads