• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Non-iron cottons shirts $39.75 starting Jan 6th

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how exactly do they make non-iron all cotton shirts? Are they treated with chemicals? Will they pill or somehow break down over time (like the old 60/40 blend shirts). I have never had a problem getting my shirts laundered and I don't see any reason to get these, but it seems like most BB shirts are now non-iron.

syberhat

Reaction score
No experience with the BB shirts but I have a few Smartcare shirts from Nordstrom. They feel a little stiffer than a regular cotton shirt. If you are lazy, the extra few bucks are worth the time you save ironing. I usually get them when they go onsale at nordstrom online.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
I got a gift card when I saw this a few days ago. It stated All Cotton Non Iron Shirts on sale, which I took as All "Cotton non iron" dress shirts, but actually means a few "All Cotton Non Iron Dress Shirts"

Of course there is no plain white in there!

good luck to those who find the styles they like. It looks like limited Slim Fit options.

crpz32

Reaction score
Crap. I made that post this morning before going to work. The selection was great (15-33) and I told myself I would order some when I come home. They're all gone!!@

BBdude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Yeah, they're treated with chemicals, and the non-iron effect supposedly fades with time. But I don't like how they feel.

They do feel different, but it's hit or miss. I have some non-iron's that feel normal and others have that stiff feeling you speak about. I've worn mine for a year with no issues and they're still non-iron.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The luxury-line non-irons feel much better than the cheap ones.

awcollin

Reaction score
+1. The girlfriend got me a couple for Christmas. Still not sure they're worth what you pay though.

Originally Posted by grimslade

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally cannot stand them. Beside the benefit of not wrinkling, they feel terrible and stiff on the skin. In addition they do not breath well and I find myself perspirating much more easily when wearing them. They are just not comfortable to wear FWIW IMO.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

What is the fit like on the luxury line ones, especially the shoulders?

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
What is the fit like on the luxury line ones, especially the shoulders?

Very Tent Like. BB has just recently released a slim fit luxury line though which is good news.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver
I personally cannot stand them. Beside the benefit of not wrinkling, they feel terrible and stiff on the skin. In addition they do not breath well and I find myself perspirating much more easily when wearing them. They are just not comfortable to wear FWIW IMO.

just to represent the other side of the argument, i've never had a problem with the way they feel. and this is coming from someone who usually wears them sans undershirt. also, i spent 17+ weeks in hotels last year and the non wrinkle was indispensable. out of the suitcase and hanging overnight, they looked freshly pressed by 8am. as far as perspiring, i wore them with a wool suit without an undershirt walking to work approx. 1/2 mile each way this summer in orlando and never had a problem with breathability. and i just picked up the slim fit luxury shirts, and they really feel amazing and hold a press just as well as the normal slim fits. i havent had a problem with the non wrinkle treatment getting washed out, but i always have them laundered so that might be the reason. just my 2 cents...

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by awcollin
+1. The girlfriend got me a couple for Christmas. Still not sure they're worth what you pay though.

+1 yeah, its usually worth waiting for a sale and picking them up in groups of 3 (2 for the luxury)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads