• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Friends and Family Sale 25% off... should I wait?

Troilus

Reaction score
Taking into account the OP's specific concern, I think you should wait. There is a significant probability that a better deal on a suit can be had in June. As to selection in June, that really should be a concern of yours if all you're looking at is OCI. Essentially any suit from BB will qualify in the interview-appropriate category.

Search the archives here--every summer just before interview season there are 2-3 long threads dealing with law-specific sartorial advice. The consensus is that for law students, it's better to save a couple hundred dollars if the only marginal gain would be going from a good-to-perfect interview suit.

My experience: I bought a navy 1818 with a faint thin pinstripe for $400 for interviews on clearance. Served me well and didn't break the bank.

TRA8324

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
I still see it. I plan on buying 2 pairs of these:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

$96.75 for 2 pairs of pants is a pretty good deal in my opinion. Now I just need to decide on the colors to get...i'm thinking white and light blue. Maybe I should just get all 4 colors. Thoughts?

I bought the blue and white pants, and I got a dress shirt as well. Ended up being $151 for all 3 items. Not too bad. I inititally called to place the order, but the SA said the pants were not included in the sale because they were seasonal. I decided to try online and it worked just fine.

jhva3

Reaction score
I bought the blue and white pants, and I got a dress shirt as well. Ended up being $151 for all 3 items. Not too bad. I inititally called to place the order, but the SA said the pants were not included in the sale because they were seasonal. I decided to try online and it worked just fine.

I'm looking to get a tux. Does anyone know if they ever mark the formalwear down 40%?

Troilus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhva3
I'm looking to get a tux. Does anyone know if they ever mark the formalwear down 40%?

They have had a variety of evening wear marked down on the website during the last year, but it's been sporadic. IIRC, a Madison 1818 tuxedo was being sold for around $400 for a while.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still see it. I plan on buying 2 pairs of these:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

$96.75 for 2 pairs of pants is a pretty good deal in my opinion. Now I just need to decide on the colors to get...i'm thinking white and light blue. Maybe I should just get all 4 colors. Thoughts?

They didn't take it off for chinos. There's better color selection on their normal Milano chinos here. Unless I'm mistaken, you should be getting 25% their "2 for $149" price so 111.75 for 2 pairs of pants. I would get the Kahki and the Stone.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
They didn't take it off for chinos. There's better color selection on their normal Milano chinos here. Unless I'm mistaken, you should be getting 25% their "2 for $149" price so 111.75 for 2 pairs of pants. I would get the Kahki and the Stone.
Is it my poor memory, or they actually raise the price on milano chinos? IIRC, they were $75 or $79.5 last year.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
do the milano pants fit TTS or do you size up 1 size? (ie 33 to 34)

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the waist would be true to size. You need to try them on yourself to see how the seat fits.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Is it my poor memory, or they actually raise the price on milano chinos? IIRC, they were $75 or $79.5 last year.

Those are different ones IIRC

Leverandon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by easy_golfing
do the milano pants fit TTS or do you size up 1 size? (ie 33 to 34)

They are true to size for me.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Ordered the Khaki and Light Blue linen/cotton Milanos, and British Tan and Navy cotton ones.

Ordered TTS, hope that works out!

JasonG83

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Troilus
Taking into account the OP's specific concern, I think you should wait. There is a significant probability that a better deal on a suit can be had in June. As to selection in June, that really should be a concern of yours if all you're looking at is OCI. Essentially any suit from BB will qualify in the interview-appropriate category.

Search the archives here--every summer just before interview season there are 2-3 long threads dealing with law-specific sartorial advice. The consensus is that for law students, it's better to save a couple hundred dollars if the only marginal gain would be going from a good-to-perfect interview suit.

My experience: I bought a navy 1818 with a faint thin pinstripe for $400 for interviews on clearance. Served me well and didn't break the bank.

Thanks for the info. I will wait until June for the suit. I did end up picking up some non-iron dress shirts for $53 each, and this tan Fitzgerald sports coat, since my internship this summer is business casual, and I needed something to rotate with my navy SC.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought three slim fit polos (Golden Fleece). Hope they fit well.

polarcreamsoda

Reaction score
really interested in the dyed milano pants but is it worth waiting till their summer sale to purchase?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads