1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

BB Friends and Family Sale 25% off... should I wait?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JasonG83, Apr 29, 2011.

1. JasonG83

JasonG83 Member

I just got a card in the mail for Brooks Brothers' Friends and Family event, May 4-9, 25% off all merchandise (excluding cordovan shoes).

I am a first-year law student, and need to get a solid navy and/or charcoal suit for OCI this fall. I feel like I should I wait for the semi-annual sale in June, but my only concern is that during the bigger sale, I will have a hard time getting solid color Fitzgeralds. Whenever I am in the store, all they ever have are stripes and herringbones. Any thoughts?

2. Booter

Booter Senior member

How much better is the semi-A sale?

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

got that too in the mail. they usually have bigger sales later in the year

4. millevanille

millevanille Active Member

Is there a code for this or just show up at the store? Need me some Milano pants, badly.

5. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

Is there a code for this or just show up at the store? Need me some Milano pants, badly.

Pretty sure you can just show up and mention the sale to a Sales Associate

6. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

If there is something you need in a popular style or size, get it at 25% off. For "nice, but not need" items, wait till June when it could be 40% off.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Pretty sure you can just show up and mention the sale to a Sales Associate
    Yep, I've done this many times at different BB stores.

8. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

If there is something you need in a popular style or size, get it at 25% off. For "nice, but not need" items, wait till June when it could be 40% off.

Anyone know if Fitzgerald sport coats in 38S or Milano pants in 31 will still be in stock in June?

9. Leverandon

Leverandon Senior member

If there's a particular size that you want during the sale in June but your local Brooks store is out of it, will they order it for you or are you just out of luck?

I'm also trying to decide whether to pick up a Fitzgerald suit next week or wait for the semi-annual sale in June.

10. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

If there's a particular size that you want during the sale in June but your local Brooks store is out of it, will they order it for you or are you just out of luck?

I'm also trying to decide whether to pick up a Fitzgerald suit next week or wait for the semi-annual sale in June.

This past winter when outerwear was 40% off, the duffle coat I wanted was actually removed from the website/sold out. Called the 1800 number, they found a store that had my size in stock. The store shipped it to my address free of charge.

So yes, I imagine they can help you out

11. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

You can always order online too.

12. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior member

Have found something at the Brothers I want... trouble is, they only have 5 of them in stock anywhere in the country in my size.

If I buy something today, will they honor the F&F price if I take it in next week?

13. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

Have found something at the Brothers I want... trouble is, they only have 5 of them in stock anywhere in the country in my size.

If I buy something today, will they honor the F&F price if I take it in next week?

usually all of their sales are not applicable on previous purchases but you can always try.

However they can and will hold it for you. Just ask, I can usually just call my SA and ask him to hold the stuff until I come in on the weekend.

14. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior member

Yeah, my local SA will do that for me. Problem is, I don't really know an SA in New Orleans...

15. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

yes wait for sale. and while you are waiting for sale you should get bb merchandise credit from me so you can save MORE

16. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

Does this stack with the 15% corporate discount?

17. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

Does this stack with the 15% corporate discount?

No

18. mic

mic Senior member

Beg pardon, but what's the usual discount at the June sale? I am thinking of picking up a new suit.

19. polarcreamsoda

polarcreamsoda Senior member

worth it to pick up their polos? they already offer then at 3 for 129, i wonder how much cheaper they can get.

20. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

No

Actually, they always say you can't stack, but people have mixed luck with their SAs. It's best to try. If one SA won't give it to you, try another.