• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Fitzgerald fit

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had an hour free this afternoon, so I headed downtown to the BB store to check out the Fitzgerald suits. I am a 38S (29 waist) and they happened to have the size in both the Fitzgerald and the Regent, so I tried them on.

The Fitzgerald it definitely more fitted than the Regent. It fitted me really well around the shoulders and the armhole is definitely higher than any OTR US-made jacket that I have worn. The waist is still pretty loose - I could get the fitted look I wanted by pulling the buttonhole about 2.5-3 inches past the button - disappointing in that respect. The 2 for $999 deal is interesting but I might have to drop another $50 or so for significant waist suppression to make it look right.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Fitzgerald a lot. I just got two in the recent sale - back from the tailors next week. I had them take in the waist as well.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Fitzgerald is a bit too full for me, too, but otherwise fits well. After alterations, I should be able to get a good fit.

BB doesn't charge for alterations on sale or regular priced items, at least I've never been charged; so, why the concern for the cost of alterations?

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they charge if they take the jacket in, but it is not much. Sleeves and pants are included generally.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
The Fitzgerald is a bit too full for me, too, but otherwise fits well. After alterations, I should be able to get a good fit.

BB doesn't charge for alterations on sale or regular priced items, at least I've never been charged; so, why the concern for the cost of alterations?

The sales guy indicated that taking in the waist is a $45 affair.... I wasn't buying though, just looking - maybe he will change his tune if I gave him my credit card
smile.gif

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
The sales guy indicated that taking in the waist is a $45 affair.... I wasn't buying though, just looking - maybe he will change his tune if I gave him my credit card
smile.gif

Are you sure? It's only $16 to take in the waist at my closest BB (Boston Newbury St.)

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what the guy said... again, I never got down to the serious business of actually making a purchase and having them making some measurements, so I'm not too worried about it. I don't really need 2 more suits, so I might get some sport coats instead as they are more functional for me - I don't need to wear suits on a daily basis.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 suits and they charged me $20 for each one.

jasonsun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
I bought 2 suits and they charged me $20 for each one.

I swear it was only 18/per suit this summer....

stumy

Reaction score
I bought a fitzgerald this last summer when they had them on sale for 595. I needed to get the waist suppressed as well, but I was weary of the BB tailor given his opinion regarding my pants length (he wanted them way too long). So after purchasing it, I brought it to my local guy for the waist, about $40, but now it looks smashing. I only wish I had had the upper legs taken in a little more (the rearend looks a little frumpy).

The Regent is available with peak lapels, which is kind of neat.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonsun
I swear it was only 18/per suit this summer....

It might have been $18 in the summer but when I did the 2 suits for $999 last Thursday, they charged me $40 total. I didn't get the normal $998 suits. I got the 1818 suits that sell for $898. They ended up only charging me $425/suit.

d.h.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf

The Fitzgerald it definitely more fitted than the Regent. It fitted me really well around the shoulders and the armhole is definitely higher than any OTR US-made jacket that I have worn. The waist is still pretty loose - I could get the fitted look I wanted by pulling the buttonhole about 2.5-3 inches past the button - disappointing in that respect. The 2 for $999 deal is interesting but I might have to drop another $50 or so for significant waist suppression to make it look right.

I bought both Regent and Fitz. Yeah, the Fitz is a bit slimmer up top, but for some reason mine has baggier trousers (at least in the thigh/butt area) than the Regent.

overdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
It might have been $18 in the summer but when I did the 2 suits for $999 last Thursday, they charged me $40 total. I didn't get the normal $998 suits. I got the 1818 suits that sell for $898. They ended up only charging me $425/suit.

Which BB was this? Did you get one of the solid color Fitzgeralds?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by overdog
Which BB was this? Did you get one of the solid color Fitzgeralds?

I got a pinstripe Fitzgerald and a solid navy Madison from the BB in the Houston Galleria.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can someone post pics of their Fitzgerald suits, specially those taken in at the waist? It would be interesting to see how it turns out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads