Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BB Fitz or Benjamin Lucente

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tbombs34, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Tbombs34

Tbombs34 Member

I'm in the market for a relatively inexpensive new suit and am considering either the Benjamin Lucente or the BB Fitzgerald. At $500 for a fully canvassed suit, the Benjamin seems like a great deal, but I have more experience with BB and should be able to get a Fitzgerald suit for around $650 when the F&F sale starts tomorrow.

Any opinions on which to choose?? Thanks!

2. Mute

Mute Senior member

The BB is a more conservative and traditional suit. While the Benjamin isn't fashion forward, it's more modern in it's cut. Quality wise, the Benjamin is a much better quality suit in my opinion. Besides the full canvassing, the construction and stitching on the Benjamin would be pretty damn good even on a suit that's retails for twice its price.

3. Butter

Butter Senior member

There are a couple of BB suits available at your price range in B&S.

[​IMG]

4. Tbombs34

Tbombs34 Member

Thanks for the tip but, as is usually the case, I can't seem to find anything on B&S in my size (38S), price range and choice of color/style.

5. s0rce

s0rce Well-Known Member

I bought both of them and the fit is very similiar. I ended up keeping the benjamin and returning the brooks. The stiching on the benjamin was nicer and I prefer the drape of suit with full canvasing.

6. s0rce

s0rce Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip but, as is usually the case, I can't seem to find anything on B&S in my size (38S), price range and choice of color/style.

I'm also a 38S. People say the buttoning point on the benjamin lucente is high but i measured the brooks fitz and its nearly identical.

The RLBL (which I can't afford) buttoning point is lower and I thought it looked nicer on me but I couldn't rationalize spending that much money and I couldn't find a nice charcoal 38S on b&s or on sale.

7. Tbombs34

Tbombs34 Member

I understand that the BB is the more conservative of the two, but do you all think that the Benjamin would be too fashion forward for a law firm environment??

8. Butter

Butter Senior member

I understand that the BB is the more conservative of the two, but do you all think that the Benjamin would be too fashion forward for a law firm environment??

Nope. You're fine.

I'm also 38s and it really is a tough size to find stock for. I got lucky and found an LVSN suit on eBay that actually fit perfectly as if it was custom made for me.

I was thoroughly surprised.