• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB current vs. semi annual sale / Suit recommendations?

pollapo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Been a lurker here for a while but here goes my first post.

I'm based in London and am thinking about buying a pair of 1818 Milano's during the 25% sale going on now. Obviously I would have to get them tailored but willing to do so to save. However, I'm aware they have the 40% semi-annual sale at the end of June as well. Should I buy now or wait til then? How does the sale stock compare to that of the

OR......am I an idiot for ordering BB internationally when I live in London? (sale does not apply to BB in London) Should I go for other alternatives here instead? Currently thinking about Ted Baker, Reiss, Hackett, Hugo Boss. I haven't tried them on yet, but I think the BB Milano's or even tailored Fitz will be perfect. And much better quality than the rather fashion forward brands I just mentioned. How do the BB compare with the European/British cut or should I just go with the aforementioned European brands here?

I'm looking to spend $500-800 (£300-500). I need a slim fitting suit. I haven't got exact measurements but I'm 5'11, 155lbs with a very narrow waist and broad shoulders.

Sorry about the convoluted post. Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would strongly recommend you spend a little more and go for a GF suit if you are set on BB. I find their 1818 line is only slightly above some of the "fashion" brands you posted.

GF is a whole different level.

pollapo

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. But I'm worried the GF line will be a bit too boxy for me, as the slimmest GF offering is the Fitzgerald.

Are there any full canvas and slim suits for under $800?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics