BB buys Southwick

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jasonsun, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Yes - I have been pretty impressed with the quality on the RTW I have seen.

Ditto. H. Stockton in Atlanta will sell these at a good price discount as well in periodic sales. They make a decently priced but quality sportcoat.

2. jasonsun

jasonsun Senior member

If MG is so am I , Southwick is nice but no where as nice as MG.

Has anyone else seen it? I'm going to the madison store and see if i can get some insights...if MG is going to be gone, i might want to get get my suit now...

3. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

The Southwicks I have seen have all been full canvas.

4. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

Has anyone else seen it? I'm going to the madison store and see if i can get some insights...if MG is going to be gone, i might want to get get my suit now...

Two things to consider; one, that the employee is mistaken, and two, that it could take a season or two to switch. One thing for certain is that Greenfield will no longer be the sole source of Golden Fleece suits.

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I guess I'm wrong. Oh, and MG is not the sole source even now. Caruso (or something with suspiciously similar labels) makes the Italian made GF now.

6. jasonsun

jasonsun Senior member

Two things to consider; one, that the employee is mistaken, and two, that it could take a season or two to switch. One thing for certain is that Greenfield will no longer be the sole source of Golden Fleece suits.

1. Anyone has a pic of Greenfield's label would look like in BB's GF? i seen the label for southwick, yet to seen the MG label.....

2. Does anyone know what's the best time to do MTM from BB (and from MG)? I know they host 1-2 MTM events per year which MG comes by at their selective store locations.. is the price reasonable on those events?

7. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

1. Anyone has a pic of Greenfield's label would look like in BB's GF? i seen the label for southwick, yet to seen the MG label.....

2. Does anyone know what's the best time to do MTM from BB (and from MG)? I know they host 1-2 MTM events per year which MG comes by at their selective store locations.. is the price reasonable on those events?

The price for MG MTM is very fair IMHO during the MTM events at $1450. A fitter at BB (not greenfield) fit a lopsided super slopey-shouldered friend of mine for a 3 piece and it fits him incredibly well.

8. jasonsun

jasonsun Senior member

The price for MG MTM is very fair IMHO during the MTM events at $1450. A fitter at BB (not greenfield) fit a lopsided super slopey-shouldered friend of mine for a 3 piece and it fits him incredibly well.

During what time? I know the current RTW GF is at $1600-1900, and on sale now for $900, i'm assuming the semi-annual MTM program gives me like 15-20% off (pure spectulation, please let me know when and how much the discount would be), so assuming the MTM suit is priced on the upper end of the RTW,if not more, it's still well above the $1450 level.

9. bbmtm

bbmtm Member

MG is here to stay... for a while. they can't keep up with us right now, so there will be some shift to alleviate.

10. bbmtm

bbmtm Member

The Southwicks I have seen have all been full canvas.
    Southwick only makes half canvass for BB. Fact.

11. bbmtm

bbmtm Member

During what time? I know the current RTW GF is at $1600-1900, and on sale now for $900, i'm assuming the semi-annual MTM program gives me like 15-20% off (pure spectulation, please let me know when and how much the discount would be), so assuming the MTM suit is priced on the upper end of the RTW,if not more, it's still well above the $1450 level.

Trunk show, which starts Sept. 3rd this fall (6-7 week run) will be as follows:
    10% 1st suit (or sc/trsr)
    15% 2nd "
    20% 3rd and subsequent

shirts at buy 4, 5th free.

MG starts at $1450, albeit in book 52, a 120's Aus. Merino that is woven in China.
    Performs pretty well (I have one) The next step from $1450 is $1675... I think its worth it. I got a 150's with 3% cashmere for $1850

12. bbmtm

bbmtm Member

It is all about the fitter. Entirely.

13. Sir James

Sir James Well-Known Member

Southwick only makes half canvass for BB. Fact.

This is indeed true. I know becuase I work at BB.

14. jasonsun

jasonsun Senior member

Trunk show, which starts Sept. 3rd this fall (6-7 week run) will be as follows:
    10% 1st suit (or sc/trsr)
    15% 2nd "
    20% 3rd and subsequent

shirts at buy 4, 5th free.

MG starts at $1450, albeit in book 52, a 120's Aus. Merino that is woven in China.
    Performs pretty well (I have one) The next step from $1450 is $1675... I think its worth it. I got a 150's with 3% cashmere for $1850

Do you know if Martin will be doing the measuring, (I heard he's in half retiremnt mode), he did back in 2005 when my cousin got his done?

15. jasonsun

jasonsun Senior member

This is indeed true. I know becuase I work at BB.

1. Do you know who makes the made in Italy 1818 Fitz suit? And who makes the Made in Italy GF?
    I think based on the label, GF italian is made by Caruso (please correct me if i'm wrong)....no clue about the 1818 line.

2. Whats your take on the quality between Made in Italy vs Made in US suits?