BB Briefcase-Good Buy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jkidd41011, Jan 10, 2009.

1. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

The place that I it get my shoes repaired at has a Brooks Brothers all leather briefcase that is made in Italy for $60.00. It's missing the strap. I'd rate the condition 8 to 8.5/10. It's been reconditioned by the shop and shows normal wear from use. The inside looks in reasonable shap as well.

Those of you more familiar with these know if that's a good buy? There is nothing comparable on E-Bay. And the new BB brief's are not inexpensive.

Thoughts?

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Color? Do you like it?

You should be able to get the strap replaced, and if its in good shape and attractive, seems like a price I would certainly be willing to pay.

3. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Color? Do you like it?

You should be able to get the strap replaced, and if its in good shape and attractive, seems like a price I would certainly be willing to pay.

British Tan would be my guesstimate of the color.

4. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

British Tan would be my guesstimate of the color.

seems like a good deal to me. That's an ebay price so it doesn't get much better than that.

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

seems like a good deal to me. That's an ebay price so it doesn't get much better than that.

+1

color sounds perfect for a briefcase..

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Sounds like a nice deal. I no longer use my shoulder strap, so the missing strap wouldn't be an issue for me.

7. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

It seems good to me, especially if you like it. If it seems like more than you want to spend, try to talk to guy down to $50, especially if you are a good customer.

8. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

It seems good to me, especially if you like it. If it seems like more than you want to spend, try to talk to guy down to $50, especially if you are a good customer.

actually for that price - you could pick it up, and if it didn't work for you, flip it on B&S

9. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

I ended up getting it for $50. It has one water type stain on the back corner, but I would probably end up with somthing like that anyway. I deciding factor was I tracked an LL Bean all leather on E-Bay and it went for $61.50. That made this one seem like a no brainer.