• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Black Fleece OCBD Fit Issues (sleeves)

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went into my local BB to try on some Black Fleece oxfords. They didn't have the colors/prints I was interested in but I wanted to try on for size anyways.

I remember trying on a size 0 last summer and it fit great, but the sleeves were too short. I tried on the 1 and the sleeves were good, body a little fuller, but still trim but the neck was too big.

I tried on the Fall/Winter batch size 1 which is listed on the website as a 15/33 which are my exact dimensions and the the sleeves were way to short.

I want to take advantage of the $75 price on their website and order a few but I don't think the size chart is correct.

Has anyone else, particularly in size 1, had fit issues in the sleeves from the Fall/Winter batch? I know I can order them online and easily return them, but I'd be out the shipping and would rather avoid the whole mess if they aren't going to work.

Thanks.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know, but I do know that I bought one that was horribly mis-sized. I returned it and the replacement fit fine. FWIW. Which is about what you paid for it.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't they make these shirts with neck and sleeve sizes like the other BB Shirts? It is very frustrating for us who don't fit neatly into a box.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Why don't they make these shirts with neck and sleeve sizes like the other BB Shirts?

I think part of the reason is that the BB... naming convention sounds "trendy" and "exclusive" and the other part is that it's easier to make fewer sizes. Or maybe Thom Browne sleeves are meant to be too short, just like the trouser legs.
confused.gif

It is very frustrating for us who don't fit neatly into a box.

+1

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't they make these shirts with neck and sleeve sizes like the other BB Shirts? It is very frustrating for us who don't fit neatly into a box.

because they're a special collaboration with Thom Browne. That's how he sizes things

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I don't know, but I do know that I bought one that was horribly mis-sized. I returned it and the replacement fit fine. FWIW. Which is about what you paid for it.
Perhaps the one I tried on in the store was genuinely mismarked and was really a 0. And just to clarify, I have not ordered yet, but wanted to sort this issue out and see what other people's experiences were before I did.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've found sleeves and body length can be off - in one case, the body was off by 2". Best to try on as many as you can.

lefty

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that at some point BB slightly changed the Fit on The Black Fleece OCBD's.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harrycaul
I posted about the BB4 here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=305

What I found was that a shirt which was unlabeled re year/season had sleeves about an inch shorter than the same shirt labeled Autumn 2007 (on the collar). Same for the unlabeled plaid: too short. I assume the unlabeled ones are from 2008.

Same here. "Autumn 2007" seem to have the longest sleeves and body.

lefty

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This corroborates with the fact that the the ones I tried on in the summer were from the previous season and the body and sleeves fit in the 1 but the collar was too big.

The one I tried on was unmarked re: season and indeed the sleeves were too short. I think the collar however is better suited for me.

I guess I will have to wait until they redo their sizing yet again.

One thing i noticed though is that the shirts I am interested in are backordered and won't ship until early February. I am thinking that they are having to order new batches and I am wondering if they will be closer to the size chart indicated on the website.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's messed up,I have a pending order for 9 shirts
devil.gif

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where on the website are they $75? FWIW, I own about 6 BF shirts in BB4 and they are all pretty consistent at 16/34.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
That's messed up,I have a pending order for 9 shirts
devil.gif

Just don't do what I did and wash them without trying them on first.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads