• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BB 346 blazer

BruceWayne

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a 346 Brooks Brothers 100% wool 2 button navy blazer for $150 on sale at the Brooks Bros. Factory Story at Prime Outlets Jeffersonville in Ohio. It fits me quite well. Did I get a good deal? I'm assuming this blazer is better than the Legacy Blazer at J.Crew, as it looks to me to be better quality. Is this assumption correct?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BruceWayne
Yesterday I bought a 346 Brooks Brothers 100% wool 2 button navy blazer for $150 on sale at the Brooks Bros. Factory Story at Prime Outlets Jeffersonville in Ohio. It fits me quite well. Did I get a good deal? I'm assuming this blazer is better than the Legacy Blazer at J.Crew, as it looks to me to be better quality. Is this assumption correct?

It maybe better than J.Crew,I can't comment on that but 346 line is the lowest quality of all BB lines.Even for $150 it is very expensive,I would return it and maybe look at their website,they have better jackets at clearance section.

BruceWayne

Reaction score
I'm a 20 year old college student who is rarely required to wear a jacket and tie. This was, I think, the best option for my price point. I wouldn't buy a jacket online, because I could not try it on before buying. How does the quality of 346 blazers compare to Jos. A. Bank (not an option for me since their jackets don't fit me well at all) and Men's Wearhouse?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 20 year old college student who is rarely required to wear a jacket and tie. This was, I think, the best option for my price point. I wouldn't buy a jacket online, because I could not try it on. How does the quality of 346 to compare to Jos. A. Bank (not an option for me since their jackets dont' fit me well at all) and Men's Wearhouse?

I can't comment on any of those since I don't own them,if it fits you well and you like it,keep it.In the future,try to avoid 346 line as it is not best of BB's lines.

phillyesq

Reaction score
I picked up one of these when I was in a similar position. It has been fine. Now, it is more of an emergency blazer than a go to, but especially for somebody in your position, this is a solid purchase.

I avoid the 346 line now, but the blazer should suit your purposes just fine.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a burgundy cord blazer from this line for $90. It fit ok, but the armholes are waaaay too low. I think for under $100, the 346 line is pretty good.

Anyone interested?

BruceWayne

Reaction score
Are the J. Crew Legacy navy blazers better than the Brooks Brothers 346 line navy blazers?

phillyesq

Reaction score
Are the J. Crew Legacy navy blazers better than the Brooks Brothers 346 line navy blazers?

I have no idea about the quality of the J. Crew Legacy blazers, but I can tell you that the 346 blazer will have much more classic lines, and will provide more value for you professionally.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40