1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

bay area- good romantic dining rec for 1st anniversary

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by cheessus, Oct 21, 2011.

1. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

hey guys, my first anniversary is coming up next fri and im looking for a nice place to take my girlfriend.

money is pretty tight, so anything $100 and under would be great. she probably will be getting a glass of wine; but for me i really dislike drinking anything but water with my meals.

a few things about her: she is a super picky eater. nothing "ethnic" (no asian, hispanic, etc...), no seafood (maaaaybe fish), and a whole list of other things. as a result, shes not particularly adventurous eater. best bet would probably be something italian. if it were up to her, she'd prob would just choose something like olive garden and be fine with it. id like to take her someplace a little nicer than that.

im in santa clara right now and wouldnt mind driving 60-90mins. im not really familiar with the dining scene in the bay area, so any help is appreciated. i dont really trust yelp and combing groupon is depressing.

im really maybe thinking about some place in monterrey/carmel since shes been talking a lot about the 17mile drive that she's been wanting to do, which in case i might be able to do a picnic for lunch so i would need food recs for that too.

oh yea, and i need a gift.

thanks!