Baxter of California shampoo

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by preynhunt, Jun 4, 2006.

1. preynhunt

preynhunt Member

Im having a little hairloss due to the hardwater in the area that I live. I wanted to use Baxter of California shampoo, since my friend uses it too. Is it a good shampoo, i read on previous threads, its a good clean shampoo, is it available at any retail store, or only available thru online, because that would suck.

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Im having a little hairloss due to the hardwater in the area that I live. I wanted to use Baxter of California shampoo, since my friend uses it too. Is it a good shampoo, i read on previous threads, its a good clean shampoo, is it available at any retail store, or only available thru online, because that would suck.

Get it online at amazon. If you manage to spend $60 or something at Amazon on men's products, shipping is free. Order the shampoo/conditioner, and throw something else in. Or just buy three of each to get to $60.

3. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior member

I haven't seen it at any retailers. If you're looking to get other BoC stuff, I recommend MenEssentials.com. Same price/shipping cutoff, but it helps keep a fine site up. Their conditioner is quite good, as well. ME has some combo packs (shampoo conditioner bodywash) that could save you a few bucks, too.

4. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I haven't seen it at any retailers. If you're looking to get other BoC stuff, I recommend MenEssentials.com. Same price/shipping cutoff, but it helps keep a fine site up. Their conditioner is quite good, as well. ME has some combo packs (shampoo conditioner bodywash) that could save you a few bucks, too.

Yeah, actually Amazon sells all their men's stuff through menessentials, so you help them out either way. Same selection on Amazon. Although maybe they do get a cut from the profits if you order from amazon.

5. moosy

moosy Senior member

There is always a 5% off when you buy directly from MenEsssentials.

6. aak

aak Well-Known Member

What is so good about it?

7. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

What is so good about it?

It makes your hair look nice. [​IMG]

Blocks DHT, doesn't leave your hair clumpy, I could go on forever. By far the best shampoo and conditioner for the money (comparitively, way better than Anthony Logistics which is at a higher price point). Their soaps and other items are also really nice.

8. Associate

Associate Senior member

Aside from the company's claims, is there any scientific evidence that ANY shampoo can remove "buildups" of DHT? or have any influence on the body's enzyme levels?

As to the ingredients, from the Baxter's website I can see that the shampoo contains such yummy additives as tea tree and peppermint oil and cinnamon, all potential skin iritants; and Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment and Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, none of which has any known effect on skin. It's a good thing they are all present in trace amounts. But why pay for this crap?

9. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Aside from the company's claims, is there any scientific evidence that ANY shampoo can remove "buildups" of DHT? or have any influence on the body's enzyme levels?

As to the ingredients, from the Baxter's website I can see that the shampoo contains such yummy additives as tea tree and peppermint oil and cinnamon, all potential skin iritants; and Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment and Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, none of which has any known effect on skin. It's a good thing they are all present in trace amounts. But why pay for this crap?

try using the shampoo before you call it crap. i like it and would recommend it to anyone with short to medium-short hair.

(for some reason i don't like it much when my hair grows out. it becomes difficult to lather and takes a long time to rinse.)

10. Associate

Associate Senior member

Just to be clear - the "crap" referred to the ingredients that are either unnecessary or potetntially unbeneficial in the shampoo.

This is a product that is hyped for including the ingredients I listed and for providing benefits with no scientifc substantiation whatsoever. The fact is that it is a decent, basic shampoo, indistinguishable from countless others, with a few "exotic" ingredients thrown in to justify the hype. But this type of marketing is practiced by virtually all premium body care products, so I shouldn't pick just on Baxter.

11. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Just to be clear - the "crap" referred to the ingredients that are either unnecessary or potetntially unbeneficial in the shampoo.

This is a product that is hyped for including the ingredients I listed and for providing benefits with no scientifc substantiation whatsoever. The fact is that it is a decent, basic shampoo, indistinguishable from countless others, with a few "exotic" ingredients thrown in to justify the hype. But this type of marketing is practiced by virtually all premium body care products, so I shouldn't pick just on Baxter.

have you used it? i don't find it indistinguishable at all. it has a nice tingle to it, which wakes me up in the morning, and i like the way it leaves my hair. don't over analyse.