• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bavender Custom Clothiers-Twin Cities

Mithel

Reaction score
I see this is a rather old post. I've used Kingford Bavender to make clothes for me. Are you still interested in discussing local options for custom made clothes?

Wjleier

Reaction score
I certainly am. I have had Kings free shirt. I thought it came back in nice quality (the best shirt i own). What were your experiences? Mithel

Mithel

Reaction score
"free shirt"? What is a free shirt? So far I've received one shirt from Kingford Bavender and it is the best shirt I own currently. Not quite perfect, there are some really minor tweaks I would make, but it is excellent. I have three more shirts I should receive soon, two suits that I hope to receive soon and one suit that I'll get about the end of the month. I really like Kingford's relaxed and convenient way of doing business. He is a great guy to work with! I've stopped at a few other places around the Twin Cities (and I'm having a ballroom dancing suit made out in Los Angeles). All in all, I'm very disappointed and frustrated at how hard it is to purchase good clothing in the Twin Cities area. I've also used several tailors to alter clothes with generally poor results. I know I am a "perfectionist" so some might say that I'm too critical, but when I am willing to buy clothes without any real concern about the cost, I expect extremely high quality. I have a shirt and a pair of trousers being made by J Hilburn that I'll be able to comment on soon. Wjleier, have you found a good source for socks? I've given up on buying them locally and now I'm doing "trial and error" purchasing via websites.

Wjleier

Reaction score
I haven't found a great solution for socks. I did however think that Twill in Edina and H.White downtown Minneapolis has a decent selection of socks. I don't recall being impressed with any socks at Heimies downtown st.paul but i do like their store so they might have some decent ones too...

Mithel

Reaction score
Heimie's has a nice sock selection but they are all "one size fits all". I'm looking for that "perfect fit", most socks sold are nice but not a perfect fit.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the prices of these shirts/suits?

Mithel

Reaction score
Prices depend on what fabric you select to use.

You can expect a shirt to start at $165. Top notch fabric can result in a shirt costing $195. Keep in mind that even the low end is excellent fabric (better than what other companies claim as the "best").

Expect a three piece suit to be over $1000. I don't recall the exact amount I paid but one three piece suit that used extremely good fabric cost about $1500.

All in all, I would consider Bavender's prices (and quality) to be excellent.

wayzata88

Reaction score
Can you be more specific on pricing? I currently have a tailor who used to visit me once a year while I lived in Chicago. Now that I have relocated to Minnesota, he no longer can see me. He charged $800 for average fabric and $1300-$1400 for Zegna and Loro Piana fabrics.

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score
It's been a few years since I got my Bavender suits so I can't give you up to date pricing. I'd recommend contacting him directly for more information. You'll find his contact info at http://bavender.com/

I had a good experience with him. I love that he will come to your home or office for measurements and fittings. He's very easy to work with, but as with anything, it's good to have a solid idea of what you want before you meet with him.

Mithel

Reaction score
I agree, work with Kingford directly since the price of the cloth will depend on which fabric you select and this can vary a lot. Let him know what you are looking for before meeting with him so he can bring the appropriate cloth samples.

Also keep in mind the cost of a suit can depend on whether you get a second pair of trousers and whether or not you are getting a vest or just a jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads