• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Battlestar Galactica

Man In Space

Reaction score
OK, so I know that there is already a very poetic thread on the subject but...

I watched my first episode last night. It was 2 hours long, maybe the new season premiere or the last season finale, I don't know.

What have I been missing? I was sucked in immediately and couldn't let go. I didn't follow half of it but obviously it is a high quality show.

I can't believe that I ignored it this long.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man In Space

I watched my first episode last night. It was 2 hours long, maybe the new season premiere or the last season finale, I don't know.

What have I been missing? I was sucked in immediately and couldn't let go. I didn't follow half of it but obviously it is a high quality show.

I felt exactly the same way after seeing the Pilot (luckily, my friend had the entire 1st season on dvd), sat down and then proceeded to watch the entire thing.
teacha.gif

koji

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man In Space

That was the season premiere. Go out and rent the other seasons on DVD and catch up. It's well worth it.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Battlestar is an amazing tv show.

The pilot, and the first and second seasons are all available on DVD.

You really should rent them.

If not, SCI FI did a one hour special on "the story so far" that will catch you up.

It's being aired at 1:00 a.m. eastern time tonight

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/today.html

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't forget to watch the miniseries first!

and then, after you finish the Battlestar marathon, watch the dvd season of Firefly!
inlove.gif

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
don't forget to watch the miniseries first!

and then, after you finish the Battlestar marathon, watch the dvd season of Firefly!
inlove.gif

I could never get into Firefly. I did enjoy the movie, Serenity, but the campiness of it all was too much to handle, episode after episode.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh well. strokes, folks, etc.

Man In Space

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
Battlestar is an amazing tv show.

The pilot, and the first and second seasons are all available on DVD.

You really should rent them.

If not, SCI FI did a one hour special on "the story so far" that will catch you up.

It's being aired at 1:00 a.m. eastern time tonight

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/today.html

Thanks - I caught The Story So Far summary on Sunday, I think that I have a pretty good handle on it now. I've sent out the bat-signal to my nerd friends to see who has DVD's of past seasons (legal or otherwise) as my local movie rental places don't have any.

No offense intended to nerds.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm watching the last two episodes of Season II as I type this. Great show.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I resisted this show for so long, until I was home sick for a couple days this summer and ran out of Netflix DVDs. I finally decided to take the advice of a friend and check it out, and now it's over. I'm totally hooked.

It was amazing to me how much more I liked the season premiere than I've liked any of the other shows on TV. I knew I loved the show, but honestly I think it's the best show on TV at the moment. And I usually hate sci-fi.

koobalicious

Reaction score
omg - this is the best show on tv, hands down. i got hooked watching the mini series and season 1 on DVD and then was pissed when they divided season 2 in to 2.0 and 2.5 which meant i had to wait so long!!! this season is def darker - a lot of people are talking about it in the context of how it parallels with current events (iraq war, guantanamo, suicide bombings, etc.). i just think that the characters are superbly developed and acted and can't wait to see how it unfolds. my only wish is that i hope they put it on HD channel soon b/c it just does not look the same.
tounge.gif

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by koobalicious
a lot of people are talking about it in the context of how it parallels with current events (iraq war, guantanamo, suicide bombings, etc.). i just think that the characters are superbly developed and acted and can't wait to see how it unfolds. my only wish is that i hope they put it on HD channel soon b/c it just does not look the same.
tounge.gif

I think the most important and consistent parallel is religion. It's all very interesting and was a huge factor from episode one through last week's episode.

Also, I'm all for BSG on HD; however, I don't see Sci-Fi getting an HD network all to themselves anytime soon. Maybe they'll do what Food and Fine Living did and split a channel. Sci-Fi and... um... Comedy Central.. then that would cover all shows I watch in HD.
smile.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i miss the haikus

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone else think we're leading up to an ending in which they find a primitive earth and one of the humanoid Cylons goes down and becomes Jesus, thus explaining the resurrection and also why humans went from worshipping the many gods of the colonies/Greek/Romans to the one god of the Cylons?

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't think so. major loose end is what happens to all the caprican humans, and where does the technology go.

although i think the messiah/charlatan concept could be interesting.

i think the cylon-human offspring is going to figure in heavily to the story...could be your messiah figure right there.

somehow i doubt the writers will let go of the polytheism so easily. there might be some clash of the religions and then a dialectical synthesis into a new religion, with the cylon/human hybrid as the figurehead.

i predict there will be a split among the cylons, maybe even a civil war.

whatever they do, it's a pretty safe bet there will be relevant parallels to current topics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads