1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Man In Space, Oct 7, 2006.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I really haven't been watching, but I'm sure the last season is going to look great on SciFi HD.

Jon.

2. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I'm honestly not that excited about the new season. I think the show has taken a dive since the season 2.0/2.5 break. The third season finale was godawful.

But whatever, I'll be watching.

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I'm honestly not that excited about the new season. I think the show has taken a dive since the season 2.0/2.5 break. The third season finale was godawful. But whatever, I'll be watching.
    Lame. The first four episodes of season 3 were excellent. Then it was twelve episodes of unforgivable garbage.

4. prozach1576

Lame. The first four episodes of season 3 were excellent. Then it was twelve episodes of unforgivable garbage.

Yeah, I mean there have been plenty of good episodes in the last season and a half, I just think the show lost its way overall.

Obviously part of this was pressure from NBC/Universal to make some standalone episodes that unfamiliar viewers could get into, but even the story arc episodes have suffered.

5. prozach1576

Although to be fair, I watched the entirety of The Wire between a marathon of the first two seasons of BSG and the premiere of the third, so now all other TV shows basically suck and I'm hypercritical.

6. Coho

Coho Senior member

nice. Just need a damn tv, and cable.

7. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Yeah, I mean there have been plenty of good episodes in the last season and a half, I just think the show lost its way overall.

Obviously part of this was pressure from NBC/Universal to make some standalone episodes that unfamiliar viewers could get into, but even the story arc episodes have suffered.

I feel the same way, but nonetheless pretty good sci-fi on TV is better than no sci-fi in my book.

8. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

So, what'd everyone think?

If this episode taught me anything, it's that I need to start a cult of some sort.

9. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

^^ Or have some attractive females start one for you!

Nice beginning to the season. Looking forward to future episodes.

10. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Much more low-key than I was expecting, but still enjoyable.

11. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

12. sybaritical

sybaritical Senior member

The ending of season four episode 2 pretty much blew it all open. Again.

Think the relatively low key start to season 4 is making up for the melodrama and surrealness that preceeded it, but it's still lacking the awesome bleak grittyness that the start of season 3 held.

13. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

This is a pretty geeky question, but can someone explain to me how Tigh can be a Cylon? He's too old.... Predates Cylons-as-humans.

14. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

This is a pretty geeky question, but can someone explain to me how Tigh can be a Cylon? He's too old.... Predates Cylons-as-humans.

As far as we can tell, the skin-jobs do not age (physically) and were never children... so I assume he was planted at some point and a back-story made for him (complete with memories/etc) just as was the case with Sharon/Boomer and the other "sleepers".

That, or you just discovered something awesome!

15. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Can someone explain to me why the show is sucking again? [​IMG] I didn't see tonight's episode yet, but that Cally episode was mostly garbage.

16. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Can someone explain to me why the show is sucking again? [​IMG]

I didn't see tonight's episode yet, but that Cally episode was mostly garbage.

Tonight's episode was very good.

17. Saucemaster

Can someone explain to me why the show is sucking again? [​IMG] I didn't see tonight's episode yet, but that Cally episode was mostly garbage.
    It wasn't entirely unredeemable... (spoilers) At least they finally got rid of Cally....

18. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Tonight's episode was very good.
    You'd better be right about this.

19. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

As far as we can tell, the skin-jobs do not age (physically) and were never children... so I assume he was planted at some point and a back-story made for him (complete with memories/etc) just as was the case with Sharon/Boomer and the other "sleepers".

That, or you just discovered something awesome!

Personally I think the real Tigh was replaced once the skinjobs were created.

20. Saucemaster

Personally I think the real Tigh was replaced once the skinjobs were created.

That actually makes a lot more sense. This is now my theory as well. Don't worry, I'll credit you. [​IMG]