BATTISTONI SHIRT

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by arvi, Nov 14, 2004.

1. arvi

arvi Senior member

barneys sale is about to begin and i'm thinking of finally picking up some battistoni shirts which are usually well sale-priced..they seem to have a nice feel and especially nice collar to take a tie knot...any learned observation from members? how do they compare for instance to borrelli,ecc.?

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

The guys at the Battistoni shop in Rome told me that their RTW shirts don't have any handwork, as opposed to their bespoke shirts, which are comparable to Borrelli. I don't have direct experience, however.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Slightly off topic, but I have a woven mint green Battistoni tie which I love. Every single time I've worn it, it has received a compliment or two.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

Based on the one Battistoni shirt I have, I'd compare it to Lorenzini. Excellent fabric; great collar that doesn't collapse as the days goes on; nice buttons. But, no handwork that I could see.

5. arvi

arvi Senior member

seems to be the impression i have ...i really like the collar...at this price point is one way overpaying for lack on handwork even if shirt well made regardless?

6. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

An apt comparsion; although I actually prefer Battistoni collars to those of Lorenzini. I'm dying to see pics of naturlaut's Battistoni shirt he had made in Rome.

koji

7. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

I love the collars on my Battistoni shirts. What size are you, btw, I'm about to sell a NWT Battistoni, size 16 (41). PM if interested.

8. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

I agree with Manton, in that the RTW shirts of Battistoni are not comparable to Borrelli in terms of handwork. I would compare them with Corneliani shirts (I don't have any Lorenzini). However, bespoke Battistoni are in my view, much much better than Borrelli in the handwork department (and I'm not even comparing the fit which is a league away). Buttonholes are cleaner and tighter, cuff attachment, shoulder attachment, etc. Overall the handwork is superior.

9. CPATAILOR

CPATAILOR Member

Battistoni has made shirts for me for over 30 years. Recently had MTM Borrelli (a gift) through Bergdorf.

Borrelli MTM is not in same league as bespoke Battistoni.

10. arvi

arvi Senior member

thanks for the insights..as soon as they go on sale i'm going to try one