• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We already did.

I think I know which one you were talking about but I guess prologue isn't the right word for the one I speaking of. I was talking about the first 5-7 minutes of TDK, the bank heist with the Joker. We got that scene before TDK came out and I was wondering if we'll see something similar with TDKR.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think I know which one you were talking about but I guess prologue isn't the right word for the one I speaking of. I was talking about the first 5-7 minutes of TDK, the bank heist with the Joker. We got that scene before TDK came out and I was wondering if we'll see something similar with TDKR.

The whole airplane mid-air heist is the same concept for this movie. It's the prologue to introduce us to Bane.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The whole airplane mid-air heist is the same concept for this movie. It's the prologue to introduce us to Bane.

Wasn't that just scenes and snippets of the scene, not a complete scene? Could you link me to it, I vaguely remember it.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Wasn't that just scenes and snippets of the scene, not a complete scene? Could you link me to it, I vaguely remember it.

I'll have to hunt it down, but think it was posted earlier in the thread. As far as I know it only exists in bootleg form as it was never officially released online. It's a full scene. Not just clips and snippets. Other then Bane being a little hard to understand, it was well done.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want one that is full HD that was officially released like the Joker bank heist. I think the one you are talking about was presented to investors in some conference. Maybe we'll get a new one or the official prologue during Comic Con?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The one I am talking about was shown as an exclusive at some IMAX theaters. They called it the prologue and it certainly felt like one. With the movie so close to release, I don't think they are going to release it online.

Google Dark Knight Rises prologue and you should be able to find the bootleg. Most were removed at the time, but it's been so long that I am willing to bet they are back up and out to be found.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ahhh, no wonder I missed it. I rarely go to IMAX theaters.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a bootleg copy of it.

Last edited:

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found it

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JMRouse, judging from what you watched, is it better than the Joker opening scene?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm at work and don't have sound, but that appears to be the right video. Good job Anthony.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes they showed the first 6 minutes of the movie way back in December, it was coupled with Mission Impossible 4. It was good but Bane was impossible to understand. On equal footing as TDK prologue, can't say which is better.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

JMRouse, judging from what you watched, is it better than the Joker opening scene?

Hard to say. Certainly different. I loved the introduction to the Joker, but this sets the tone for something that feels bigger. Grander in scope. I'm fairly certain that's what they wanted out of it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they officially release it though? :(

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Why wouldn't they officially release it though? :(

I believe it was some kind of marketing deal as an exclusive. Thought at the time they would have put it online eventually, but that never happened. Could be they decided to hold it back till they cleared up the audio issues, that now seem resolved. Problem is we are so close to the official release it likely does not make sense to release anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads