• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Could be a case of her being "Talia" without using that name. Like they did with the Montoya and Bullock characters in TDK. Just doesn't make as much sense here because we know Ra is in the film. Having her be that character, but without name, seems odd to me.

Only confirmation we'd get is if they reveal they are related or at least interacted with each other. Because if she doesn't use the name Talia and isn't related to Ra then she isn't even be considered as Talia at all.

And where is Bullock in TDK? I'm guessing your implying Montoya = Ramirez?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The cop who went into the interrogation room alone with the Joker right before he blew up the stomach bomb with a phone was clearly "Bullock" even if he was not named it.

Last edited:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeez drop the hope for an empty joker cell already. Just accept Nolan said he won't even acknowledge the joker existed, if he's lying be pleasantly surprised and you can come say "I TOLD YOU SO" in 8 weeks.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really? That never even entered my mind. I would have related Bullock with Flass from BB.

Plus that isn't really the same as Cotillard not being called Talia because she will have a much bigger role, even a romantic partner to Bruce (which might just be another hint at being Tailia?).
tumblr_m4rxfjRyU51qckmajo1_400.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jeez drop the hope for an empty joker cell already. Just accept Nolan said he won't even acknowledge the joker existed, if he's lying be pleasantly surprised and you can come say "I TOLD YOU SO" in 8 weeks.

We were just discussing ideas on how it could be done. Everyone knows it's not going to happen.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW, ticket pre-sales starts June 11.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do people buy them that early? If I do pre-sell it's a few days before the film comes out.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A lot of people do actually, Avengers sold out on the 12:00, 12:05 and 12:10 showing in the theater I go to. I had to buy the tickets 3-4 weeks early to make sure I get to reserve decent seats. With TDKR, I'll likely buy midnight tix right on June 11.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I walked right up to the window and bought tickets for the 12:15 showing of Avengers the night it hit. No pre-sell needed and it was one of the good theaters too.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Warner Bros. Makes Justice League Plans

Warner Bros. is making some plans towards the long-awaited Justice League feature film as Variety reports that Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall has been brought aboard to provide the screenplay.

Details at this point are currently few, but the enormous success of Marvel's The Avengers no doubt helped pave the way for getting the Distinguished Competition's superhero ensemble a shot at the silver screen.

What remains to be seen is whether or not Warner's film will use any of their standalone superhero projects as jumping off points, building a cohesive cinematic universe the way that Marvel has. It's been hinted that Christopher Nolan's upcoming The Dark Knight Rises will feature a definitive ending for the current version of the big screen Batman character, though Christian Bale has recently suggested that he's not entirely against the notion of further adventures in the cape and cowl.

Next summer's Man of Steel, however, marks a more likely contender to launch an ongoing big screen universe and it's entirely possible that, despite a disappointing box office, last summer's take on Green Lantern couldn't be brought back.

The other possibility is that Warner Bros. might start from scratch, as was the plan several years ago when George Miller was attached to direct a motion-capture Justice League feature.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yup. Called it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Called what?

They've been trying to get a JLA film for like a decade now. :lol:

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, so there's debate whether Joker will be in this film or not: He won't be. No mention, nothing. Nolan even confirms it in a recent interview.

As for the plot details, I've been keeping up with it. Don't read the spoilers if you don't want to know:

- Scarecrow is the "judge" in the courtroom scene in the MTV footage. Apparently, when Bane takes over, the prisoners/villains take over as well. Scarecrow puts various people on trial (e.g. Commissioner Gordon).
- Catwoman works with Bane, then switches (obviously) to help Batman.
- Bane takes out the trading floor of Gotham and from what I've heard, he shuts down the city's financial system.
- John Blake is supposedly a villain, but this is questionable. Perhaps he's working with Bane because he was forced to.
- Marion Cotillard says she's not Talia. As another member here said, she can be the daughter and not actually be named 'Talia.'

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads