Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 19, 2011.

1. javyn

javyn Senior member

When you are famous in America, drug addiction is a disease and dying from it is tragic. If you aren't famous, then you are obviously weak willed, and if you die from drug addiction the likely response will be "GRPOS".

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    As I said before, a scene with them inside the prison showing Joker's cell would have been perfect. Bane stops one of his men from opening his cell saying the man inside is too dangerous. You hear the famous laugh. Done. Would have been great and paid full respect to Heath's character.

3. gort

gort Senior member

It was pulled (studio request).

4. Jr Mouse

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

5. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Not a bad idea. It pays homage to one of the most recognizable villians in the comic book world without having to actually cast the role nor see the character on screen and yet still holds weight.

Bane clearly is an intelligent villian and has orchestrated a massive plan that even he understands releasing someone as unpredictable and chaotic as the Joker would be a bad idea.

Nice job Jr Mouse! :slayer:

6. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Also, I am hearing that the run time on this film is 2 hrs and 45 mins. Sweet! :slayer:

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't think Bane unwilling to release the Joker will work, it'll make him look weak. He is suppose to portray an unstoppable force, the guy who broke the bats back. Looking scared to some clown, homage or not, will simply make him look weak.

Also, from the recent trailers (MTV exclusive) seems like Catwoman & Bane has a past together. Looks like she is even helping out Bats against his goons there. It'll be interesting how this all plays out.

And yes, runtime is 2 hours and 45 minutes. I was hoping it'll be 3 hours at least, just seems like there are too much to cover but 2:45 isn't bad at all.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

8. Jr Mouse

I disagree and Imhoff hit on perfectly why. Bane wouldn't want any wildcards out there that could mess up his plan. He would have done enough research on Batman's past to know who the Joker was and what kind of foe be represents. It would be a bad move on Bane's part to free the clown unless he killed the him when doing so.

9. gort

gort Senior member

What's with the random prisoner they show doing a flip while holding somebody's arm outstretched from a prison cell in the ads?

10. Jr Mouse

That's Catwoman.

11. gort

gort Senior member

So it is. Had to frame-by-frame the trailer to see that.

12. Jr Mouse

I did get to watch the MTV footage last night. The way it was talked about, I had assumed it was going to be an extended scene from the film. Not more clips. It felt more like a trailer without the typical music thundering in the background then anything else. Nothing really wrong with that so much as it just surprised me.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

But we don't even know what Bane does, you are simply assuming based on the comics and you know when it comes to films, it was never about continuity. We don't know if Bane truly knows who Bats is in this film, we don't know if he is just playing a game, we don't know his motives. All is an assumption but one is for certain, he is suppose to be simply overwhelmingly scary and an actual threat. To be truly bad-ass, he simply cannot show he is scared of anyone including Jokers unpredictability. To me, as much as I'd love for them to do an easter egg for Heath or the Joker, if that is the way they are going, I'd rather not see it.

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I can understand Nolan's stance of no Joker references. Having him laugh, showing his silhouette, displaying a Joker playing card, etc. will have the audience thinking to themselves, "Man....wouldn't it be cool if Heath was still alive to be in this?". It would take the viewer out of the movie plain and simple.

15. Jr Mouse

We know that Bane breaks prisoners out of a prison at some point in the film because it's been shown in the trailer. As for assuming that he knows who Batman is, how could he not?