• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Matto ELITE

Reaction score
So finally saw the prologue tonight...and have to agree with the complaints of his voice. Completely drowned out and the mask sure isn't helping the cause. They better go through all of his dialogue and make sure its cleaned up and corrected.
I wish I had that script in front of me so I knew what he was saying.

It was easier to understand on YT than it was on that IMAX screen. Bane is going to be a badass villain. "It doesn't matter who we are, all that matters is the plan" "No one cared who I was before I put on the mask" "Of Course" "To crash this plane.......and leave no survivors!" "No time for fear now doctor, that comes later"

I couldn't understand what he was saying to his goon though. Something about staying behind.

Matto ELITE

Reaction score
So finally saw the prologue tonight...and have to agree with the complaints of his voice. Completely drowned out and the mask sure isn't helping the cause. They better go through all of his dialogue and make sure its cleaned up and corrected.
I wish I had that script in front of me so I knew what he was saying.

It was easier to understand on YT than it was on that IMAX screen. Bane is going to be a badass villain. "It doesn't matter who we are, all that matters is the plan" "No one cared who I was before I put on the mask" "Of Course" "To crash this plane.......and leave no survivors!" "No time for fear now doctor, that comes later"

I couldn't understand what he was saying to his goon though. Something about staying behind.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dbear,
That's what I am hoping. And I am hoping they don't go too overboard with that idea.

Saying he's a big guy does not mean he's the biggest guy in the room. I didn't have a problem with the line.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ me neither. On the plane, he's certainly bigger and beefier than the guy saying the line.

On the teaser, it shows for a split second, Batman backing up (sort of in a retreat position) on the rooftop fight and Bane enters the frame--it doesn't show much, but Bane certainly seems menacing there...

God this movie is going to be good.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

^ me neither. On the plane, he's certainly bigger and beefier than the guy saying the line.

On the teaser, it shows for a split second, Batman backing up (sort of in a retreat position) on the rooftop fight and Bane enters the frame--it doesn't show much, but Bane certainly seems menacing there...

God this movie is going to be good.

I think part of the problem is in the comics he's always drawn huge and no one is really that big. Fans need to set expectations to a realistic level.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I think part of the problem is in the comics he's always drawn huge and no one is really that big. Fans need to set expectations to a realistic level.

I agree with this. I don't want a Bane that stands 9 feet tall and has 36 inch biceps. But Tom Hardy stands at a whopping 5'10''. If my memory serves me correctly, you would tower over him. Even with him being bulky, it's hard to be intimidated by a Bane that looks up at you.

And I hope Dbear is correct on his assumption couple posts back.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
And I am guessing on this from the trailer:

The clip showing someone walking towards the silver dish lid with a cane in one hand, that's Bruce Wayne correct? And when he is at the ball with Selina Kyle, he has a noticable limp. Is this what Alfred is referring to when he said he was assigned to provide protection and he has failed? Those clips were post fight with Bane that weakened Batman?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I agree with this. I don't want a Bane that stands 9 feet tall and has 36 inch biceps. But Tom Hardy stands at a whopping 5'10''. If my memory serves me correctly, you would tower over him. Even with him being bulky, it's hard to be intimidated by a Bane that looks up at you.

5' 10" or not, a guy who looks like this is fairly intimidating.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The clip showing someone walking towards the silver dish lid with a cane in one hand, that's Bruce Wayne correct? And when he is at the ball with Selina Kyle, he has a noticable limp. Is this what Alfred is referring to when he said he was assigned to provide protection and he has failed? Those clips were post fight with Bane that weakened Batman?

Not sure if I need to spoiler tag this since I can't confirm it's in the movie, but from the comic books, Bane doesn't just weaken Batman, he almost breaks him in half. We're talking paraplegic level. I suppose that will happen somewhere in the beginning to middle of the flick and then we'll see the "rise of batman" as it climaxes.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's why camera angles and such are important. tom cruise is like 5'7 in real life.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty positive that it's Bruce. When you see Bruce and Talia together, you can see him leaning back, with his hand wrapped around a cane. Also when you see him walking through, what looks to be the training room of The League of Assassins (where he asks, "what does that mean?"), he is walking with a bit of a limp as well. Makes me wonder after his initial fight with Bane if he goes back to that place to train for his final fight with him?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm pretty positive that it's Bruce. When you see Bruce and Talia together, you can see him leaning back, with his hand wrapped around a cane. Also when you see him walking through, what looks to be the training room of The League of Assassins (where he asks, "what does that mean?"), he is walking with a bit of a limp as well. Makes me wonder after his initial fight with Bane if he goes back to that place to train for his final fight with him?

Do you think we will get a montage? :bounce2:

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if I need to spoiler tag this since I can't confirm it's in the movie, but from the comic books, Bane doesn't just weaken Batman, he almost breaks him in half. We're talking paraplegic level. I suppose that will happen somewhere in the beginning to middle of the flick and then we'll see the "rise of batman" as it climaxes.

I did read somewhere that instead of Batman, that he breaks Gordon's back. Hence the scene in the teaser of Gordon lying in the hospital bed. But I have no doubt that Bane does a real number on Batman somewhere in the beginning-middle.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads