• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Hardy is ******* awesome.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Hardy is ******* awesome.

+ 1.

Bronson is an awesome movie.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Wow at this thread. I think it'd be funny to go back and read what people thought The Dark Knight was going to be like when they announced Heath Ledger as The Joker, I'm still surprised people are doubting Christopher Nolan at this point
laugh.gif

I'm more interested in how this movie will compare with the first two.

I still don't think TDK will be topped because of how it was made and written, the twists in every turn and how the Joker was just way ahead of the Bats. You never knew what to expect from the beginning to end. I'm not sure mind games like that would work too well again for this movie w/o being too forced or cliche. Nolan will probably prove me wrong but right now I can be happy with Catwoman and Bane as villains but would love to see Hugo Strange in the movie as well.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the Dark Knight Returns would only be good if Frank Miller had absolutely nothing to do with it.

im sure TDK and the origional Sin City were flukes - everything else he touches turns into poo.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I still don't think TDK will be topped because of how it was made and written, the twists in every turn and how the Joker was just way ahead of the Bats. You never knew what to expect from the beginning to end. I'm not sure mind games like that would work too well again for this movie w/o being too forced or cliche. Nolan will probably prove me wrong but right now I can be happy with Catwoman and Bane as villains but would love to see Hugo Strange in the movie as well.

I agree. The Dark Knight was very "climatic" for the 2nd movie of a trilogy (I know I know, it's not really a trilogy), so I'm not sure what to expect from the 3rd movie but I hope Nolan takes it in a refreshing direction rather than trying to just do The Dark Knight 2.0.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by burningbright
Huge +1.

Juggernaut was one of my favorite Marvel characters. When I first saw that glimpse of him in the X-Men trailer I was like, "who's that skinny guy running through the walls?" And then I was like, "wait a minute," and hit rewind and watched with a slowly-dawning realization that they had murdered the Juggernaut. It was even worse when Vinnie Jones opened his mouth. Why couldn't they have just CGI'd him like the Hulk? He may not have looked real but at least he would have been the size of the Juggernaut.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see Nolan's take on the muscle-bound Bane.

slightly OT... but the juggernaut debacle is the least of that stinking pile of turd spat on the x-men franchise's problem. this douchebag is the problem, which the batman franchise doesn't have:

359-brett_ratner.jpg

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
slightly OT... but the juggernaut debacle is the least of that stinking pile of turd spat on the x-men franchise's problem. this douchebag is the problem, which the batman franchise doesn't have:

359-brett_ratner.jpg

DAMN YOU RATNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
the Dark Knight Returns would only be good if Frank Miller had absolutely nothing to do with it.

im sure TDK and the origional Sin City were flukes - everything else he touches turns into poo.

+1

I remember being so hopped up as a kid when I heard he would be directing Robocop 2. Then I saw it.

I went back home, hid under the covers and re-read Daredevil #181 to regain my sense of the world.

PrimusPilus

Reaction score
I think Anne Hathaway is a pretty good choice for Selina Kyle. She's better looking than Maggie Gyllenhall (who isn't) and Katie Holmes, imo. Plus she can act. As for Tom Hardy as Bane, who knows in what direction they're going with that? Some guys have said that he's almost Batman's intellectual equal, but he was also this guy who juiced up on drugs to make him stronger.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bane shouldn't get points for breaking a guy's back who was basically on a 3 month bender.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Bane shouldn't get points for breaking a guy's back who was basically on a 3 month bender.

Breaking the back Batman in ANY condition is impressive to me. And it's not like it he just happened across a tired Batman. He set up the whole thing AND he figured out who Batman was.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I do give him credit for finding out about Bruce Wayne. And in retrospect, his mass trolling orchestration yielded some good results. Bane just doesn't appeal to me as much as other Batman villains.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert

I used to work for Frank Miller's old editor at Dark Horse. I don't think you realize how much he's done to change comics.

• He revived Daredevil and totally revolutionized superhero genre bending
  • He started the whole Wolverine-***-samurai deal with chris claremont
  • He revived batman with TDK and then hilariously deconstructed it with ASBARTBW
  • Big Guy and Rusty The Boy Robot and Hard Boiled with Geoff Darrow were both totally amazing
  • TDKSA which was an awesome celebration of superheroes that was entirely misunderstood. It's better off as being thought of as more of a Kingdom Come, rather than a TDKII

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Don't forget his influence on early Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal

I still await a faithful adaptation of this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads