Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Several times Catwoman has appeared with heels. It's been that way for decades now.

[​IMG]

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Don't worry, her heels are topied with soft rubber so it won't be click-clacking as she sneaks into museums and banks.

3. Sawdust

Sawdust Active Member

I just think the Nolan version would be more true to life. Similar to how the batmobile is more military and functional than previous versions.

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

If the fact that Catwoman has heals will somehow ruin the movie for you, then I honestly feel sorry for you. :confused:

Also:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

5. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

I think in her most recent iteration she has engineer boots.

6. boogaboogabooga

It won't ruin the movie for me, but I will find the heels egregiously and implausibly stupid.

7. Jr Mouse

In a movie about a multi-billionaire who dresses like a giant bat to fight crime, heels are the implausible part. Gotcha. ;)

8. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Looking at her as Selina Kyle, she looks like she'll be some fashionista socialite. I wouldn't be surprised if she did the whole "Catwoman" thing just for the kicks. What does that have to do with her choice of footwear? Well, she's not going to go out in just any footwear. Girl has got to look fierce, know what I'm sayin?

[​IMG]

9. boogaboogabooga

Having people dress up in costumes is a necessary concession in "realizing" the Batman comic books for film. I can, however, make a logical exception for a costume detail that considering the tone of the Nolan films, I find to be in bad taste, banal, impractical, and incomprehensibly stupid.

Yes, I get that fighting crime day in and day out while managing to stay in shape for fighting crime day in and day out, having a cape, having protruding bat ears, maintaining a series of super sophisticated and expensive underground safe houses, keeping secret the manufacturing and designing of various crime fighting apparatuses, manufacturing and designing various crime fighting apparatuses, and handling global logistics while maintaining your secret identity and the facade of having some involvement in one of the wealthiest tech corporations in the world is inherently silly. Fine. I accept it. Nostalgia's got me. I just find the taste of the wardrobe department and Nolan to be infinitely asinine and boyish in regards to Anne Hathaway's costume.

10. Jr Mouse

Because of heels?

11. boogaboogabooga

Yeah. I think I already stated that it's not a deal breaker. It is really obnoxious though.

12. Philip

Philip Senior member

All in all I am disappointed in Nolan's trilogy and choice of villains, apart from The Joker obviously. In my opinion the Batman comics have one of the greatest villains as far as comics go because they're so complex and human, especially Harvey Dent and Mr Freeze. You never got to see any of that in these films, in my opinion 'Batman: The Animated Series' from the 90s was way better than this. The only redeeming thing about Nolan is he is not Schumacher.

13. gort

gort Senior member

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168895-new-photos-from-the-dark-knight-rises

[​IMG]

14. Jr Mouse

I'm just giving you shit here, but honestly don't see the heels as that big of a deal. They don't fundamentally change the character in the way that something like giving Spiderman organic webshooters did and as has been pointed out there is a history to her wearing them as part of her costume. Just seems like a silly thing to get worked up about.

The Animated Series was one of the best things ever, but I don't know how you could argue that Harvey Dent was not a complex character in TDK.

I called it on the intro being all about Bane. :satisfied:

15. Philip

Philip Senior member

It wasn't enough for me. Something i felt was missing from Nolan's Dent was his friendship with Wayne and his history with bipolar before his accident (unless this was only a TAS thing i'm not an expert). The communication between Batman and Dent as Two Face i thought was underdeveloped and would have definitely benefited from Two Face being alive for the last installment of the trilogy.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011