Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 19, 2011.

1. APK

APK Senior member

People have doubted Nolan's casting for this franchise before. They've all eaten crow.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

??? Liam as Rha's was good, Heath as Joke was great and Aaron was Two-Face was pretty awesome.
    Meh and had nowhere near the part he deserved, horrible and wasn't even funny, ok but he was only on screen for 5 minutes in character.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

OG Bane wasn't exactly Hulk like in size.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

It would be awesome if Nolan lets Bane breaks Bats back in this one.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

OG Bane wasn't exactly Hulk like in size. [​IMG][​IMG] It would be awesome if Nolan lets Bane breaks Bats back in this one.
    Have you seen Tom Hardy? He's like 175 pounds. Even Kunk wasn't that big. [​IMG]

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

Have you seen Tom Hardy? He's like 175 pounds. Even Kunk wasn't that big. [​IMG]

yea he's never bulked up for a role before

o wait..

[​IMG]

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Lol. I like how everyone in this thread has somehow become Tokyo Slim.

And I hope Scarecrow makes one last appearance. You know. For old time's sake.

7. APK

APK Senior member

Meh and had nowhere near the part he deserved, horrible and wasn't even funny, ok but he was only on screen for 5 minutes in character.

Dude, whaaaat? Are you one of those guys who starts to dislike something because it's universally loved?

8. downwithianbrown

downwithianbrown Senior member

[​IMG] If by "pretty good" you mean "bland and inoffensive" than I agree with you.
    I think he makes unlikely actors transcend their previous reputations and work in his movies. The Juno girl, for me, was this annoying, uber witty, indie type (admittedly I only saw her in Juno and maybe ten minutes of that Drew Barrymore roller derby movie) and in inception she worked. was it an amazing performance? no, but it wasn't meant to be. she did the job just as she was supposed to. which exceeded my expectations.

9. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Nolan shot his load last time when he put the two best Batman villains in the same movie.

Bane is a snooze.

10. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Hathaway is definitely hot, but I have trouble picturing her as Catwoman for some reason.
    This. And I like Gyllenhaal.

11. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Lol. People really think Nolan would involve CGI with Bane? Especially with an actor as physically imposing now as Tom Hardy? I expect there to be less or equal amounts of CGI in this as The Dark Knight which was seamless in its integration.

If you read the press release, it goes on to say how Nolan is excited about Tom Hardy playing Bane in his own interpretation of the villain.

12. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Nolan shot his load last time when he put the two best Batman villains in the same movie.

Bane is a snooze.

Word.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Bane is a snooze.

He can make it work, he did well with adapting Rha's.
    Plus Bane is the man that broke the bat, just because they made him dumb and stupid giant in the Batman & Robin movie doesn't mean Nolan will do the same. Dude is actually really smart equaling that of a genius. You guys really need to read up on what he has done in the comics.

14. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

[​IMG] you guys liked The Dark Knight? That movie was such a mediocre pile of shit.

15. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

He can make it work, he did well with adapting Rha's. Plus Bane is the man that broke the bat, just because they made him dumb and stupid giant in the Batman & Robin movie doesn't mean Nolan will do the same. Dude is actually really smart equaling that of a genius. You guys really need to read up on what he has done in the comics.
    I have faith that Nolan will direct a good movie. I just don't think the material sounds all that great. Besides, anyone who seriously follows comics knows the person who really "broke the bat" is: [​IMG] [​IMG] I still await a faithful adaptation of this.