• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watching the second half of the Dark Knight. It's not great, and there are some truly cringe inducing moments, but the action set piece where the Joker tries to kidnap Harvey Dent and the armored car and 18 wheeler sequence was pretty impressive I have to admit.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watching the second half of the Dark Knight. It's not great, and there are some truly cringe inducing moments, but the action set piece where the Joker tries to kidnap Harvey Dent and the armored car and 18 wheeler sequence was pretty impressive I have to admit.

WHAAAAAA? Now we're slamming TDK?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought I was giving it a compliment.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's not great about it?

Duff_Man

Reaction score

I'll admit it really is impressive, but it's also ridiculous. Random clowns with fibre wire at the exact right place at the exact right time to take down the helo? The fuckin Batmobile, which was designed as a LAV of somesort, gets critically fucked up by single RPG-7? These things could've been modified just slightly and retained the same amount of jaw dropping awesome.

Last edited:

Sedar Ordek

Reaction score
Just one minor example of the marsupialedness. Even if the batmobiles didn't have guns the bad guys were heavily armed. Option A: regroup discover the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition formulate a plan; Option B charge a heavily defended position en masse. Yeah Option B sounds like a winner. Also why didn't the bad guys just kill all the cops in the first place, Ohhhhh even better why didn't she just blow up the freaking bomb as soon as she had it!
facepalm.gif

The main villains were defeated through luck and brute force.
Your not understanding the concept Nolan has put out. He didn't put it out to show much more superior Batman is to his counter-parts. He made the TDKR and the finishing touches about the problems bruce wayne had encountered and how his life was being controlled for his sense of lust for fighting behind the mask, how he lost himself and even though he knew he was lost he didn't want to admit that problem, his "life" made more sense as Batman.

Nolan wanted to show the fans how Bruce lived with Batman and what he was prepared to do, to "live" behind the mask, he was willing to die. If you cut out the ending and know that he fixed the auto-pilot" and for example if nolan had not put that ending with alfred smiling at his dream, you would know that Bruce chose to die as Batman, he was Batman he lost Bruce before he came back, he was never Bruce Wayne. Nolan was telling the story from a lost boys persepctive, bruce is the lost boy, he is trying to find his way home, but the "Batman" his alter-ego is stopping him from coming home, living his life. The struggles of Bruce Wayne is greater and that is why Nolan chose to tell the story this way, and for me as I seen the drama in this story unfold the ending was befitting the fall of a hero in the dark and boy that's lost that will never be revealed to the worl.

You keep talking about plot holes, yeah, like how he made it back home from the prison, or how the police force that was underground for long time was clean cut shaven. Also that daggarts plan was a plot hole, or that police showing up seconds after.. nvm you would have missed them plot holes seeing as though your stuck onto discrediting the film for what it is trying to show and not what you are seeing.

The real story is bruce wayn's struggle to accept him self as bruce wayne and accept the fact that the city does not need Batman yet, he won't accept it. The rest of the movie is to make up for the money spent and give the fans juicy scenes. I hope you will read this and really, please really next time just up and leave the movie theater if you went to sit down to watch a "waste of your time" moments after realising it. Your a hypocrit and I know most people enjoyed this movie, yet they give it poor marks for its execution when they miss the real story being told.

Thanks movie critics, your all so smart.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I merit Harvey's sentiment here, which is why I generally don't like comics or comic movies. As cheesy as the cops vs. criminal army fight scene was at the end of TDKR, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the typical villain henchmen battles you see in those kinds of movies.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I feel bad for you if the fact that the Batmobile was taken out by a direct hit from an RPG was enough to make you not enjoy TDK. :rolleyes:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel bad for you if the fact that the Batmobile was taken out by a direct hit from an RPG was enough to make you not enjoy TDK. :rolleyes:

If that were the only dog turd in that pile I'd agree.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot about the Joker planning ahead with henchmen to take down any police helicopters and Batman's exaggerated voice performance. Real big turd we are talking about here. :sarcasm:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh yes, I forgot about the Joker planning ahead with henchmen to take down any police helicopters and Batman's exaggerated voice performance. Real big turd we are talking about here. :sarcasm:

Keep going you'll find the rest, although it certainly is no where near as big a pile as TDKR.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Keep going? In case you didn't notice I was being sarcastic. Non of those are even real problems with the film.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fang, are you more of a Fantastic Four or Avengers fan or something

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fang loves himself some Power Rangers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads