• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You mean TDKR was inspired by the book? (Assuming you meant TDKR = the movie)

Totally what I meant. The comic is more than like 20 years old haha.

I think that's what he means. A lot of Nolan's TDKR was inspired by Frank Miller's comic, it's pretty obvious in some parts

Yeah man. Miller did a fantasic job.

Have any of you guys read Hush? I think that's what it's called. It's the story where Batman takes a nasty fall and cracks his skull.

RFX45, you probably have.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have read Hush, I thought it was really good and introduced us to one of the cool looking villains, Hush. Him looking cool probably had more to do with Jim Lee though, which just blew my mind away with his art in the whole arc.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 2 is already out.

You guys HAVE to see it. It's fuggin bad ass.

I saw this tonight and it was amazing.

Joker's voice was very different, but I think it worked well with the creepy, inhuman, murderous joker.

If anyone read Sandman, I think that Joker's fat henchman has the same design as the pedophile from the serial killer convention Dream goes to when he's tracking down his rogue nightmare.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mark Hammill as joker = :slayer:

Haven't had a chance to check out the animated movies yet. As for Arkham City vs Arkham Asylum, definitely like Arkham City better. Amazing game. Can't wait for the rumored sequel.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Always hated comics, always hated Batman, always made fun of people who enjoy that crap. Batman Begins...wtf was that garbage. Dark Knight....ZZZZZzzzzzzz boring.....then I saw Dark Knight Rises...HOLY **** let me wipe some egg off my face. ******* incredible movie. I don't understand why so many people ***** about it, it was by far the strongest of the 3, and best comic book movie I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Always hated comics, always hated Batman, always made fun of people who enjoy that crap. Batman Begins...wtf was that garbage. Dark Knight....ZZZZZzzzzzzz boring.....then I saw Dark Knight Rises...HOLY **** let me wipe some egg off my face. ******* incredible movie. I don't understand why so many people ***** about it, it was by far the strongest of the 3, and best comic book movie I've ever seen.

Proves my point, have no taste = like DKR.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Plz, DKR was more like a real movie. Granted had many problems, what I'd like to call "Prometheus Syndrome" with Wayne healing so ridiculously quick from the back injury, but this had a good story and didn't try to dumb down. And Bane was just a much cooler villain. I for one, am glad they redubbed his voice at the last minute too.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Plz, DKR was more like a real movie. Granted had many problems, what I'd like to call "Prometheus Syndrome" with Wayne healing so ridiculously quick from the back injury, but this had a good story and didn't try to dumb down. And Bane was just a much cooler villain. I for one, am glad they redubbed his voice at the last minute too.

Hmmm good points, nooooo it sucked giant elephant cocks.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nonsense, it was kickass.

edit: Seriously though, specifically, what didn't ya like about it?

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

not again with this ****

Sorry then, link me to the post where this has been gone into plz, so I don't have to wade through 160 pages of **** heh

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This is great. It's close, so close to being the Mirrorverse version of Rambo. Just dive into praise of the all Nolan's films and grow a goatee and you are done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads