Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 19, 2011.

1. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

gee. it never occurred to me bruce wayne was still grieving bout his dad.

Seriously? Even if the quote you're responding to is actually about Rachel Dawes' death, Bruce Wayne's grief at the death of his parents is the central fucking theme of the entire goddamn franchise, how could you not know that?

2. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Seriously? Even if the quote you're responding to is actually about Rachel Dawes' death, Bruce Wayne's grief at the death of his parents is the central fucking theme of the entire goddamn franchise, how could you not know that?

They died when he was a kid. I can understand that when they were killed he set out to become a vigilante, but why is he still grieving, even after becoming Batman?

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

They died when he was a kid. I can understand that when they were killed he set out to become a vigilante, but why is he still grieving, even after becoming Batman?

Really? It's the reason he became Batman!?!?!

4. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

[​IMG]

5. horndog

horndog Senior member

Catwoman was the stupidest fucking choice. Nolan should be smart enough to know that women make terrible villains. I assume she's cast as eye candy but I hope to God that they don't rely on Anne Hathaway dressed in leather to inspire any ounce of fear or anxiety, and generally carry the qualities that make villains compelling. Bane better be able to meet the villain standard set by Joker or this movie will suck.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Just trust that Nolan knows what he is doing. How much shit did he get for casting Heath Ledger as the Joker?

7. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Just trust that Nolan knows what he is doing. How much shit did he get for casting Heath Ledger as the Joker?

A whole shit ton. I was confident in his choice of Ledger when he first casted him. Now look, all those that criticized his choice now consider Heath's performace as one of the greatest of all time. Nolan knows what he is doing.

8. downwithianbrown

downwithianbrown Senior member

yeah I agree on Heath. definitely didn't have faith in that decision. fingers crossed on hathaway.

9. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

gee. it never occurred to me bruce wayne was still grieving bout his dad.

[​IMG]

10. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Really? It's the reason he became Batman!?!?!

[​IMG]

Sorry, maybe I was mistaken, but you made it seem as if we'd be getting scenes of Bruce Wayne at his parents grave, vowing revenge on the scum that murdered them. It's the words "in grieving" I was stuck on. I don't remember Bruce touching on his parents death in the last movie, although I've only seen it once.

11. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

[​IMG]

That's hilarious.

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Seriously? Even if the quote you're responding to is actually about Rachel Dawes' death, Bruce Wayne's grief at the death of his parents is the central fucking motif of the entire fucking franchise, how could you not know that?

yeah, but didn't dr. chase meridien fix this years ago?

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Batman is a man on the borderline of being good/bad, that is his eternal struggle, he is fed up and took the law into his own hands, the character is vastly complicated, his parents dying is just the tip of the iceberg.
    He is one of the darkest comic book characters ever, check "dark knight returns" by frank miller.
    The Nolan franchise is doing a dark batman unlike tim burton (not sure what he was going for). Nolan's Batman is not crying over his parents anymore, its more of a duty now.

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Daredevil is darker than Batman.

15. NoStyle14

NoStyle14 Well-Known Member

Daredevil is darker than Batman.

True that. I was always a fan of Daredevil. The movie was horrendous though. Batman always handed the bad guys over to the cops. Daredevil wasn't afraid to butcher them. That's true justice.