1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 19, 2011.

1. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

He does use cgi, but as I said before, only sparingly. He uses it in the context in which it should be used, as an enhancement for other fx work.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

IMDB isn't the best of sources to quote from, it often get's a lot of things wrong.

I think I had other sources that proved my point,
    anyways let's just leave it at the guy not using cgi left and right like all the other superhero movies, I'm sure Bane will look sick

3. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

After Schumacher's take on Bane, just about anything Nolan could possibly put on screen would be a massive improvement. Talk about a bar that's been set pretty low. I mean, it's been set at ground level.

I mean, shit, a fat guy in a pink tutu and ballet flats would be an improvement.

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

. . .

The bat-finale is currently in production internationally and features the return of Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Nestor Carbonell, along with roles for Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Juno Temple, Daniel Sunjata, Matthew Modine, Tom Conti, Joey King, Alon Aboutboul, Burn Gorman and Diego Klattenhoff. It is set for release on July 20, 2012.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    To the "spoilers" above. They make perfect sense considering other characters who are supposed to be in the film and the comic lore. [​IMG]

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I thought this was a joke when I first saw it but it is real. Batman Live Tour
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Although it may look cheesy and on the same realm as Batman & Robin and Batman Forever, I'd actually watch it when it comes to LA. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Sounds really good. I've been wondering if they're going to have Bane break Batman's back or not.

[​IMG]

Being the Batman nerd that I am, I wouldn't hesitate in checking out Batman Live.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Not sure how legit this is but [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Not sure how legit this is but [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

could be legit, it really showed nothing lol

11. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Pretty sure it's fake. If this is real, it's pretty lousy.

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    It didn't really tease much of anything.

Felt fake to me.

13. Hayling

Hayling Senior member

Christopher Nolan has a message for the fans... [​IMG]

14. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Insider (Joblo) says there's a viral campaign coming out soon that will give us a first look at Catwoman (like we got with Bane a short while ago).

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Insider (Joblo) says there's a viral campaign coming out soon that will give us a first look at Catwoman

Sans or with hole in pants?

16. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Sans or with hole in pants?

+1

I was hoping a video would show up somewhere...keep digging!

17. blahman

blahman Senior member

My only hope for this film is that Bane is not just a dumbass muscle like the one in Batman and Robin. I want the genius Bane who outwitted and just about completely destroyed Bruce Wayne in Knightfall.

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I liked when Bane hid for three months like a bitch and broke a severely debilitated man's back.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

My only hope for this film is that Bane is not just a dumbass muscle like the one in Batman and Robin. I want the genius Bane who outwitted and just about completely destroyed Bruce Wayne in Knightfall.

I don't think Nolan is stupid enough to make that mistake again. He might not be a genius in the film but I doubt it'll be a giant bumbling idiot like in the previous film.