• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

darkknight

Reaction score
it was awesome, absolutely amazing. very different from the first two, specially the pacing, but great in its own way. i liked that you actually get to see more of batman in this movie, compared to the previous two where it was either too dark, or the camera was rushed anytime he came into the scene. also, anne hathaway alone made this movie worth watching for me. she/her character is really a breath of fresh air amongst all that's going. not to mention she looks damn hot and there's finally some eye candy in this trilogy. i've always liked her, but this movie took it to new levels. and i agree the it should have been 20 minutes longer. some parts seemed rushed. perhaps a director's cut?

the only part i didn't like, and i don't know if it was the theater or where i was sitting, was the audio. the background music volume was too loud while the dialouge volume seemed kinda low and hard to understand at times. i didn't have the same problem with the previous two movies i watched in the same theater.

THANK GOD THE RUMORS WEREN'T TRUE! that fake spoiler on youtube nearly gave me a heart attack!

the talia part completely caught me by surprise. i know it was repeated over and over in this thread, but that interview the actress gave where she actually confirmed she wasn't playing talia fooled me. and based on the reaction of the audience, i guess i wasn't the only one shocked.

BATMAN KILLED RAS THEN BANGED HIS DAUGHTER!!!! **** YEA!!!!! :slayer:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought it was unwatchable. Maybe I'll try it again some time.

I feel sorry for you, that you can't unwind for 2.5 hours and just enjoy a Batman story on the big screen.

I enjoyed it. It was entertaining. I found myself nervous during the battle scenes and various fights. Agree that it moved a bit quickly for my taste, but that will probably prompt me to go see it again. Anne Hathaway was great, and admittedly hotter than I'd ever found her before.

Got a slightly...

lesbian/bi- vibe from her - the scene where it's showing various "richies" pulled out of their house, Hathaway is looking out the window of an apartment, and her female companion is all pressed up behind her saying something like, "isn't this what you always wanted?" Thought they were a little close there for just "partners"

But then she sucks Batman's face before he flies off, and yada yada yada they end up together at Alfred's summer getaway.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love how everyone's bitching, but basically just writing off the fact that you can't even make out 65% of what Bane says. Honestly, would this **** ever come close to flying in any other movie?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, barring 1-2 lines, I understood everything Bane said.

That said, I did take away from the thread that it would be a possible issue, so I went in paying extra close attention to his lines.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

See, I thought the autopilot bit was a good way of establishing how he lived and also establishing that it was premeditated as a way for him to escape the batman persona. My impression was that he bailed from the vehicle using the fireball as a distraction (this was right before the Bat flew over the bridge and the orphans) because we don't see him piloting the Bat after the explosion (at least as I remember it)

There are much better ways than autopilot. When life and death are dealt with philosophically they lose effect when they're treated technically. This is becoming a problem in a lot more movies lately.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Personally, barring 1-2 lines, I understood everything Bane said.
That said, I did take away from the thread that it would be a possible issue, so I went in paying extra close attention to his lines.

I was in IMAX and it was very very difficult to understand him. People were chattering about it throughout the theater. "What did he say?" shhhhhh "Wait, what was that?" shhhhh. Could have been the theater but I've seen just about every big release in there and have never had a problem before.

Does anyone know if Hardy was wearing a fat suit? He was SO bloated. I couldn't believe how fat his hands and head looked.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I understood every word Bane said...

Exhausted from traveling and will share my thoughts later on. For now I will say I liked it, but thought TDK was the better film. Think I need a second viewing to really soak everything in. Maybe later this week.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say I understood about 95% of the thing Bane said. The voice choice still kind of bugged me a bit though.

Also, this is one that some might consider an easter egg that I haven't read mentioned, not going to put it in spoilers either because it isn't a big deal but you guys remember Daggett? I believe he only existed in the animated series but his company made the chemicals that made Clayface.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'd say I understood about 95% of the thing Bane said. The voice choice still kind of bugged me a bit though.
Also, this is one that some might consider an easter egg that I haven't read mentioned, not going to put it in spoilers either because it isn't a big deal but you guys remember Daggett? I believe he only existed in the animated series but his company made the chemicals that made Clayface.

I remember that character. The animated series was so awesome. I wish it was on Netflix streaming.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ ^ ^
The best comic book cartoon ever made. Really wish they can convert it in HD.
They had a marathon today at the Hub channel. They're still showing Batman animated series right now but it's the newer version.

And it's TDK at TNT and BB in FX right now.

Plus TDKR commercials everywhere.

BATMAN OVERLOAD!!!!

Last edited:

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

^ ^ ^
The best comic book cartoon ever made. Really wish they can convert it in HD.
They had a marathon today at the Hub channel. They're still showing Batman animated series right now but it's the newer version.
And it's TDK at TNT and BB in FX right now.
Plus TDKR commercials everywhere.
BATMAN OVERLOAD!!!!

Holy crap, just flipped through the channels, you're right, Batman everywhere!!!

darkknight

Reaction score
seriously, i would hate to meet some of you guys in person. if you like being a dick about everything, don't even bother watching this movie.

i really like bruce wayne/batman's character in this movie. he seemed a lot more easy going than the previous two films, even when he was getting his ass kicked.

well even with autopilot, they showed batman sitting inside the cocpit after it was already over the water. where would he eject to? i thought he just dropped the bomb in the water and drove off before it exploded. and lol at the ending being a fantasy. i don't think nolan would ever do something that corny

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

seriously, i would hate to meet some of you guys in real life. if you like being a dick about everything, don't even bother watching this movie.
i really like bruce wayne/batman's character in this movie. he seemed a lot more easy going than the previous two films, even when he was getting his ass kicked.
well even with autopilot, they showed batman sitting inside the cocpit after it was already over the water. where would he eject to? i thought he just dropped the bomb in the water and drove off before it exploded. and lol at the ending being a fantasy. i don't think nolan would ever do something that corny

He probably ejected when he shot the top of the building with a missile before passing the bridge. He probably used that explosion as a distraction and I'd assume his ejection is inside a pod instead of the usual seat and parachute. When they showed him inside the pod right before it explodes, he might just be thinking of the death of Bruce Wayne.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads