• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Arkham Origins (release: 10/25/2013)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Prequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City

Previously all that was said about the game's plot was this - "Eight of the best assassins in the world have come to Gotham City for one night, Christmas Eve of all nights, to kill the Bat." We now know that these eight assassins are lured to Gotham by the villain Black Mask (who briefly appeared in the Robin DLC for "Arkham City"), who is offering a substantial reward for Batman's head. The assassins will also be joined by crooked cops in the GCPD looking to cash in on the reward.

The game will take place in an open world environment like "Arkham City" that spans into two areas, "Old Gotham" and "New Gotham." New Gotham will feature classier areas with tall skyscrapers while Old Gotham will be the map from "Arkham City" prior to becoming an open prison. With the addition of "New Gotham," the game's map size has been doubled. There will also be 'Crimes in progress' side missions that players can choose to stop or ignore (as seen in previous superhero games). In addition, there is a 'Most Wanted' setting that will allow players to go after DC villains that aren't integral to the main storyline.

We've also learned some details about the handheld follow-up, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The game will take place after the events of "Arkham Origins" and will see Batman going to Blackgate Prison in the wake of a riot that has broken out. It will be a side-scrolling game that features some of the same weapons and gadgets but won't rely on an "experience point" system.

Batman: Arkham Origins will be available for the Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate will be available for the 3DS and PS Vita. Both games will launch on October 25, 2013.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So pumped when I saw this, but slightly worried since it's not the same dev as the previous games. Already preordered, though. :D

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What system did you pre-order it on? I am going to wait and see what bonuses they give for pre-order but my main concern for which system. I played both Asylum and City on my 360 but if PS4 comes out a few weeks after, I might just go with the PS3 version. It is also available in WiiU and I am curious if they play differently with the gamepad.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Multi-Player

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Multiplayer Comes to Batman: Arkham Origins
2 vs 3 vs 3 gameplay rocks Gotham City.

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot. Until they find some friends, that is.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has revealed a new wrinkle to Batman: Arkham Origins, its prequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, with the announcement of a 2 vs. 3 vs. 3 online multiplayer mode developed by Splash Damage (Brink, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars). Invisible Predator Online will pit Batman and Robin against two player-controlled teams of gun-toting henchmen, each consisting of three players, led by the competing Bat-villains Joker and Bane.

These aren’t just any ordinary henchmen, though – Joker and Bane have enlisted their Gang Elite to take down the Dynamic Duo, outfitting them with special gadgets like Enhanced Vision, which works like Batman’s Detective Vision to see other players through walls and objects but with limited battery power, and deadly themed weapons like the Joker gang’s “Surprise, You’re Dead!” proximity mine gift box or the Bane crew’s ultrasonic pulse that can zap enemies even through walls.

Though I initially had reservations about how well multiplayer could be incorporated into the Arkham world, my hands-on experience in several matches quelled my fears (Scarecrow’s fear toxin not included). In the level I played – set inside the crumbling interiors of Blackgate Prison – the two Gang Elites competed to secure three different control points. If your gang holds a majority of the control points, the opposing gang will lose a respawn every 30 seconds for each one you hold. Once a team has used up all its respawns, either by getting toasted by the rival gang or subdued by the Caped Crusaders, it loses. Likewise, Batman and Robin fail by being sent to that great belfry in the sky once too often.

Batman and Robin win through intimidation, by taking down gang members, varying their tactics, and subduing high-value targets like gang captains, until Joker and Bane stop the operation.

Playing as Batman or Robin is all about mastering stealth, cunning, and your environment. The heroes have all the moves and gadgets that Batman has in the solo campaign, but they’re hardly bulletproof. As Robin, I started out perching on the gargoyles, using my Detective Vision to track henchmen’s positions, and waiting for one to wander underneath so I could drop down for an inverted takedown. Or if one is isolated, I could target him and swoop down with a glide kick to the head. When caught up close, I whipped out my fold-up bullet shield to block gunfire before stunning the Joker flunky with a shuriken (Robin’s version of a batarang) and then knocking him out with my bo staff.

Batman and Robin can also set traps, such as spraying a walkway with explosive gel, retreating to a convenient vantage point, and setting it off when a henchman or two get too close. They can also hide under those walkways in grates, stealthily picking off unaware goons from below. And to ratchet up the tension even more, the environment will play tricks on unsuspecting bad guys, occasionally spooking them with a swarm of bats or distracting them with flapping cloth that looks like the rustling of a cape.

But because those goons are human-controlled, they’ve got a few tricks up their garishly colored sleeves as well. Gang Elite can’t be subdued by stealth attacks if they’ve seen the Bat or Bird first, such as spotting one moving into position on a rooftop or sneaking underneath in grated vents. Luckily for Batman and Robin, they can temporarily scramble a Gang Elite’s Enhanced Vision as well as temporarily scramble a hold point to keep either gang side from capturing it.

After the battle has been raging for a while, Joker or Bane become unlockable. When activated, the first Gang Elite member to reach his secret hiding place will be able to control his respective gang leader – and that’s when the action gets really intense.

Each supervillain has his unique strengths and abilities. Bane, for example, is a bulldozer of a man, great in melee confrontations, who can pummel his opponents with his fists and soak up heavier damage from gunfire. He can even pick up an enemy and toss him as a weapon, or unleash doom with a rocket launcher. The Joker is deadlier at a distance, armed with two custom hand-guns – the Ace of Spades, an explosive hand cannon with tons of splash damage, and the King of Hearts, a one-shot kill weapon that requires more careful aim. When caught up close, Joker can give pursuers a lethal jolt with his Joy Buzzer.

While Invisible Predator Online is set during the window of Batman: Arkham Origins’ fiction, it isn’t directly connected to it. Robin, for example, will not play a role in the main story, though he’s a prominent figure here, but playing the solo campaign will allow you to unlock as-yet-unspecified items in multiplayer mode.

Make no mistake, this is no after-thought multiplayer mode tacked onto a solo campaign. Invisible Predator Online is shaping up to be a full-fledged, tension-filled multiplayer experience that psychologically scarred whackjobs on either side of the law will appreciate.

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Game looks pretty cool. I hope the storymode part of the game is a little longer than Arkham City. I never got much of the side missions done in AC though, still loved the game.

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
VIDEO GAMES: United Kingdom BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS Collector's Edition Announced

onAjEug.jpg

EXcgJPT.jpg

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today unveiled details for the Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition. The UK package will be available from 25th October, 2013 in limited quantities for the Xbox 360
00ae.png
video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation
00ae.png
3 computer entertainment, and will retail for £79.99. The North American version of the Collector’s Edition will be announced next week.

The UK Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition will include the following extensive bonus content:

Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring Batman & The Joker, measuring approximately
- Height: 30cm
- Depth: 13.5cm
- Width: 13cm
80-page, full-color hardcover artbook
Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the eight assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
1st Appearance Batman Skin DLC
Deathstroke Challenge Pack DLC – Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps and also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins
Exclusive 3D Metal Pack
The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content

The Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition will be available for pre-order in the UK exclusively at www.amazon.co.uk

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
will def be buying collectors edition as I did for arkham city. Themed my batman goalie mask after the artwork from arkham city.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads