• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bathroom Renovation: Subfloor Preparation Advice

poorman

Reaction score
Hello,

Maybe I can get advice here before registering for a million d.i.y. forums,

I am planning on renovating my bathroom because as you can see it is bad shape! I pulled up some tile (it wasn't very hard since most weren't even adhered at all!) to see what I was going to be working with and this is what I found:

How bad does it look? It feels like there is some warping of the planks.

Will I have to pull up these planks or can I install plywood over this? I am planning on (properly) installing tile over the floors, the bathroom is not very big so I THINK I can handle it but I want to make sure everything is prepared correctly.

Any other advice from experience would be nice too.

Thanks!

Last edited:

alanpatrick

Reaction score
Can you please post photos, as it is not available and as far as from my experience. I would suggest you to hire any expert for installing tile, as they know it much better and are more experienced then us and if you do it from your own somethings are always left.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not the right place for this question - I'd do the DIY forums.

But while you have the floors up, look into radiant heat.

carminsmith

Reaction score
Try uploading the photos again so we can help you since the first batch you uploaded are no longer available, bathroom renovation is not as easy as it seems. My hubby tried renovating our bathroom but end up ruining it in a way so we decided to just contact a professional to do the renovation

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 52 16.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 106 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.3%