• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bathroom Renovation: Subfloor Preparation Advice

poorman

Reaction score
Hello,

Maybe I can get advice here before registering for a million d.i.y. forums,

I am planning on renovating my bathroom because as you can see it is bad shape! I pulled up some tile (it wasn't very hard since most weren't even adhered at all!) to see what I was going to be working with and this is what I found:

How bad does it look? It feels like there is some warping of the planks.

Will I have to pull up these planks or can I install plywood over this? I am planning on (properly) installing tile over the floors, the bathroom is not very big so I THINK I can handle it but I want to make sure everything is prepared correctly.

Any other advice from experience would be nice too.

Thanks!

Last edited:

alanpatrick

Reaction score
Can you please post photos, as it is not available and as far as from my experience. I would suggest you to hire any expert for installing tile, as they know it much better and are more experienced then us and if you do it from your own somethings are always left.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not the right place for this question - I'd do the DIY forums.

But while you have the floors up, look into radiant heat.

carminsmith

Reaction score
Try uploading the photos again so we can help you since the first batch you uploaded are no longer available, bathroom renovation is not as easy as it seems. My hubby tried renovating our bathroom but end up ruining it in a way so we decided to just contact a professional to do the renovation

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads