• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Basketball Cards

Mujib

Reaction score
Anyone here collect basketball cards? What do you have?

Let's talk cards.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here collect basketball cards? What do you have?

Let's talk cards.
I started up again during the pandemic, like a lot of people apparently. Collected as a kid in the 90s.

I’ve got a pretty modest collection so far … not the best time to be buying … but am having fun.

db530

Reaction score
It's gotten wild recently! The hunt for Luka rookies a few years ago seemed to be one of the main reasons for the boom. It was my #1 hobby up until I was about 12 and got high-speed internet ;). I'd buy packs the past few years for nostalgia purposes but now they are up to like $30/40+ a pack!

I've bought a handful of "packs" on TopShot recently. I don't really know what to make of it yet.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It really has gotten nuts. Wish I'd taken an interest about a decade ago, but what can you do.

I've been finding niche collecting projects that don't revolve around super high value cards (e.g. collecting non-superstar players and teams I was into as a kid) to keep me busy until prices hopefully come back to earth.

Pretty much just buying singles since the pack prices are crazy. TopShot is interesting but haven't bought any (yet).

db530

Reaction score
Who is/are your team(s)?

TopShot is worth checking out now that it's easier for new collectors to buy packs.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been focusing on late 90s/early 00s Kings. Refractors, autos, etc., are often just a few bucks.

Lots of other stuff I'd love to buy, vintage and modern, but just not really in my budget. Have bought some Kobe and LeBron base rookies and some Prizm singles, but nothing too crazy.

That was the problem when I first looked into TopShot — you couldn't get any. Might have to give it another look now, though I'm definitely more into the idea of physical cards still.

db530

Reaction score
I'm a Pacers fan so we can share our misery of not getting over the hump in the late 90s/early 00s. Scot Pollard has become an Indianpolis socialite.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel for you. Watched the Malice in the Palace doc the other day, and it left me feeling sad. That should have been the Pacers' year.

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a Pacers fan so we can share our misery of not getting over the hump in the late 90s/early 00s. Scot Pollard has become an Indianpolis socialite.
... with an NBA championship ring. Without even setting foot on the court during the playoffs. How does he cut his hair these days?

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mafzaal12