• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

basic white Tee's

tomenugen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
i will forever wear kirkland signature white t's. long, thick, slim, i love them. better than any T ive ever bought anywhere else

Agreed. I wish there was a slightly lighter version for mega hot days.

jediswayze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
a t shirt thread? i always thought this was a fashion forum.
Sorry what was that?
a-streetcar-named-desire-marlon-brando-1951.jpg

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm as big of a James Perse apologist here, but for the money Alternative Apparel is a better buy.

*#..

Reaction score
Hanes or kirkland brah, this is one scenario where you should go as cheap as possible.

reezy

Reaction score
Alternative and Uniqlo. If there's a Muji around you, I highly reco that as well.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I used to wear medium Hanes plain white T-Shirts, I had some that I'd had for years and then somewhere in the mid 2000's the cut changed and the Medium felt like an X-Large that was made for someone who was 6'9 tall. The thing turned into a dress, instead of being a slim fit, like it used to be.

I use fruit of the loom, and their shirts fit slim cut, and not to long and the sleeve are short.
But there almost to thin and after a few washes they look like crap.

I've been trying to find a replacement, but haven't had any luck.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Costco, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, and Lands End. These are you guys suggestions?! Shall we laugh or cry?

Americans tend to value quantity over quality, and utility over design. Most would prefer to buy 5 ****** t-shirts rather than 1 truly nice one. The result is an endless array of low end junk.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Costco, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, and Lands End. These are you guys suggestions?! Shall we laugh or cry? Americans tend to value quantity over quality, and utility over design. Most would prefer to buy 5 ****** t-shirts rather than 1 truly nice one. The result is an endless array of low end junk.
Tbf my first suggestion was an RO shirt and my second was swagboy's:
k514a6_white_tee_SF.jpg

I also think this article is relevant to your quality over quantity comment.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loathing
I think its a question that has wide enough interest to be worth a thread.

I personally buy all of my coloured t-shirts from John Smedley (I only have a few that I rarely wear).
White tees I get from Sunspel. Great tees but a bit pricey for a work-horse white tee. However, I've never seen a nicer white t-shirt at a lower price, so yea :] .

Why do you discriminate between coloured and whites?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Why do you discriminate between coloured and whites?
Perhaps because he prefers the color selection of one brand and the quality of another. I have frequently seen brands I like the quality/fit of, but I hate their color tones. But white is generally the same regardless of brand.

raags

Reaction score
can anyone recommend me some basic tees sans pocket, but with raw hems?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads