1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Basic Jacket Ideas? Places to check in Bicester?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pleco, Oct 23, 2012.

1. pleco

pleco Well-Known Member

I've needed a basic jacket for a while, I actually wear my overcoat most times when a casual jacket would work better. It's something that I'd be spending a lot of time wearing, so I'm exceptionally fussy yet, not actually sure about what I want (think I need to see something first!) So I'd like some inspiration on a jacket that'd look good with jeans and sweaters...

Until I found SF I was thinking about getting something like this: http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/default/4b626ce5a846f/Jack-Bauer-s-Season-5-Jacket.jpg Originally made by CP company, but can be obtained MTM from Magnoli clothiers.

Peacoats also seem to be very popular on here which I like the idea of. I tried on some Barbour jackets, prefered the waxed jackets over the quilted ones but didn't look bad either.

So far I have a black overcoat and a brown leather bomber jacket but definitely want to expand on this. I'm also planning a trip to Bicester village so anything I should look out for there would be a plus. Do any brands there make a good peacoat for example?

To give you an idea of my build, 5'10", 155lbs and fairly slim (irrelevant pic attached).

[​IMG]

2. EntrailsFeaster

EntrailsFeaster New Member

k

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012