Basic Jacket Ideas? Places to check in Bicester?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pleco, Oct 23, 2012.

1. pleco

pleco Well-Known Member

I've needed a basic jacket for a while, I actually wear my overcoat most times when a casual jacket would work better. It's something that I'd be spending a lot of time wearing, so I'm exceptionally fussy yet, not actually sure about what I want (think I need to see something first!) So I'd like some inspiration on a jacket that'd look good with jeans and sweaters...

Until I found SF I was thinking about getting something like this: http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/default/4b626ce5a846f/Jack-Bauer-s-Season-5-Jacket.jpg Originally made by CP company, but can be obtained MTM from Magnoli clothiers.

Peacoats also seem to be very popular on here which I like the idea of. I tried on some Barbour jackets, prefered the waxed jackets over the quilted ones but didn't look bad either.

So far I have a black overcoat and a brown leather bomber jacket but definitely want to expand on this. I'm also planning a trip to Bicester village so anything I should look out for there would be a plus. Do any brands there make a good peacoat for example?

To give you an idea of my build, 5'10", 155lbs and fairly slim (irrelevant pic attached).

[​IMG]

2. EntrailsFeaster

EntrailsFeaster New Member

k

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012