1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Based on these pics, what inseam do you think I am?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TyroneFig, Sep 2, 2009.

1. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

[​IMG]

All right, so where does the toilet-seat cover end and the wall and jeans begin?

2. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Not reacting badly, just more or less thinking that's just what people are doing on this forum and not here to talk about clothes like actual discussion etc.

I'm starting to think that there different lengths for different pants. Jeans look good longer and stacked a little, sometimes a lot. Khakis maybe it doesn't matter either? Like you don't need a perfect break? Dress pants well tailored with a single break etc..

What do honestly expect us to reply to these pictures? If the trousers have too much break, then they need to be shorter, it's hardly rocket-science. The difference in break between the trousers could be caused by several things. For example the jeans might have a shorter rise than the Dockers, which will mean the overall length will be shorter even with the same in-seam. You may also be wearing the waist at a different level which we can't tell from the pictures.

Take note of where on your waist/hips you're wearing each pair and try measuring the out-seam as well as the in-seam to get an idea how long the trousers are from the waist. You really shouldn't need people on the internet to tell you this.

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

[​IMG]

All right, so where does the toilet-seat cover end and the wall and jeans begin?

Keeping the cap off the can implies an admirable efficiency for those urgent, foul moments.

How do those work, exactly? Do you spray it in the faces of others, like mace?

- B

4. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Pleas, don't react badly to subpar snark. It will not get you a suitable answer.

Honestly, I have a hard time judging the inseam from these pics.

What I would like to see is a toilet-standing position, but with the lid up, and feet on the rim...I think that is is called the Bombardier Position, and normally requires a scope to reliably hit the target.

The Bombardier Position has become unpopular in recent years because of the inevitable splash. But I do think that it could help the evaluation.

- B

1 person likes this.
  5. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior member

What I would like to see is a toilet-standing position, but with the lid up, and feet on the rim...I think that is is called the Bombardier Position, and normally requires a scope to reliably hit the target.

The Bombardier Position has become unpopular in recent years because of the inevitable splash. But I do think that it could help the evaluation.

- B

Comedy gold [​IMG]

6. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Tyrone, didn't you get the memo? [​IMG] You're fired.

7. David Watts

David Watts Senior member

8. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Let's get back on track.

I've always been partial to hardwood vs. carpet.

Discuss.

9. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

The reason for all the snark is that protocol has been broken. When anyone on SF photographs themselves and a toilet in one shot it is posted in the WAYWRN thread.

There and then is where and when, truth, can be found.

10. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

For $10-$15 you can visit an alterations tailor and have her hem your trousers. Tell her "medium break" and act like you know what this means. Take them home and measure the inseam with a cloth tape.

To figure out if you wear all your pants at the same place, wear the same belt on the same hole every day.

Dockers have a high rise, like Levi's 501. A lot of mall denim today has a lower rise than Levi's. If you wear your Dockers at the same place that you wear your Gap jeans, it could be that you need an inch less in the Dockers' inseam. Because, you are wearing the Dockers in the full-diaper-butt style.

The math might be like this. Outseam for two pants that fit the same = 38. Inseam on the Dockers = 27. Inseam on the Gap jeans = 28.

Also note that your pants can look different with different shoes. The alterations tailor is going to measure up from the floor, chalk them at the 12 inch mark, and then hem them so that mark is 11 inches from the hem. Or something like that. So if you had them hemmed with a one-inch dress heel and then put half-inch lifts in your shoes, then your break will be less as the hem will be half-inch higher. So forth and so on.

Thanks for posting the funny pictures.

11. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

the right leg for you dockers looks like it has too much break. The jeans look fine for both. But then again this is personal preference. You should just do it how you like it too look.

12. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Is your wallpaper made from the same material as your toilet seat cover?

If so, you must let me know where to procure some.

13. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Please empty the trash before you start worrying about this.

14. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

Is your wallpaper made from the same material as your toilet seat cover?

If so, you must let me know where to procure some.

It ain't just the seat: check out the jeans.

Other than this, I think it gets some serious SF points, if we have those now.

+1 for obvious Vass

+1 for high-water (not toilet water, of course) trousers

+1 for office shot

15. dv3

dv3 Senior member

An infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters couldn't recreate a thread this retarded.

16. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

17. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

The Bombardier Position has become unpopular in recent years because of the inevitable splash. But I do think that it could help the evacuation.

- B

fixed.

18. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wash and dry the pants a few times before you have them hemmed.

19. Station

Station Senior member

Just turn those jeans into jean shorts. Problem solved.

20. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Just turn those jeans into jean shorts. Problem solved.

Do you live in a warmer climate?
    If so, do you really need to wear pants at all?