1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Baseball!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stu, Apr 22, 2004.

1. GQ Docter

GQ Docter Member

I'm a big D-Backs fan.

No need to worry Bradford, the Diamondbacks are going to come through.

2. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior member

haha... well, good deal, Stu. Â Disney World isn't so bad -- after all, I believe that Emeril has a restaurant in the near-by Universal Studios in Orlando. Â But -- just for reference -- we've got family-friendly places down here. Â If you ever want to plan a trip to New Orleans, I'd be more than happy to help. Â [​IMG]

3. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

The food in New Orleans is OUTSTANDING... certainly one of the best American regional foods. I can't get enough of turtle soup when I'm down there.

4. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior member

One of the few things that can top living in New Orleans is having a brother who is a chef and also lives in New Orleans.

And, now to tie this in to the topic, GO Zephyrs. (AAA affiliate of the Houston Astros).  And, though they're in the NBA, I can't leave my Hornets out of the discussion.  Sting the Heat.

5. Stu

Stu Senior member

Be careful what you wish for my friend. For certain death at the hands of the all-powerful Indiana Pacers awaits the poor fools who win the Heat-Hornets series.

6. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior member

Impressive play by the Pacers this season, but it's impossible to ignore the fact that the Hornets split the season series with them (the most recent two games going in our favor, and one of the losses being by only 1 point). Only time will tell...

7. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

a real dodger fan is not 'hardcore'. he attends the stadium for the atmosphere and the great dodger dogs. if the team wins, that's cool too.
    I think this goes for all L.A. professional sports fans. Â That's why I will enjoy seeing the Spurs lay a smackdown on the Lakers for the second year in a row.
    [​IMG]

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

9. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Gotta send props to my man Randy Johnson for his perfect game yesterday. Glad I happened to catch most of that game yesterday - nice to see history in the making.

Maybe this will get the D-Backs over their recent malaise.

Bradford

10. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Yep, Brad, that was great. Especially cuz I have him on my fantasy baseball team. I have Jason Schmidt too, and that poor guy was robbed of a no-hitter in Chicago. Unfortunately, I think both the D-Backs and Giants will be playing catch-up to the Dodgers unless some kind of trade happens... You gotta let the boys in blue win every 10 years or so. [​IMG]

11. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Dodgers are sliding - they've lost 6 in a row.

D-Backs are "hopefully" starting to hit their stride.

Bradford