• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baseball!

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here like a serious hard-core baseball fan, a person who feels renewal every year on onpening day? I am, but I don't see baseball mentioned too much aroud these parts. Myself I am a Cubs fan since age 3, which has led to gradual deterioration in my mental health over the years
biggrin.gif
Just wondering if there are any other serious baseball fans out there...

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Stu:

Definitely...Big Giants fans- A's too.

Bonds is unbelievable this year. I'm kicking myself for not taking him in Fantasy League. I thought the whole steroid thing would distract him.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a D.C. native with no team, I root for the Orioles.  Forget the Red Sox and the Cubs -- with the three big free-agent pickups (Tejada, Lopez, Palmeiro), THIS IS OUR YEAR.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
D-Backs fan since the franchise started. OK - that was only 1998 - but at least we have a World Series and several NL West titles. Not looking so hot yet this year. Bradford
biggrin.gif

Laxbuddah

Reaction score
I used to be a huge basball fan, but for some reason I have lost the appreciation.
Maybe it's because I live in Denver, and the Rockies haven't put a competetive team together.....EVER.

Mike

Reaction score
I'm from Detroit, and the Tigers are actually winning games this year. Combine that with Bonds' race and the Sox beating the Yanks in their first series (I live with a guy from Boston) and the season is off on an exciting start.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bleed dodger blue*

*but only if they make the playoffs. a real dodger fan is not 'hardcore'. he attends the stadium for the atmosphere and the great dodger dogs. if the team wins, that's cool too.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a real dodger fan is not 'hardcore'. he attends the stadium for the atmosphere and the great dodger dogs. if the team wins, that's cool too.
I think this goes for all L.A. professional sports fans.  That's why I will enjoy seeing the Spurs lay a smackdown on the Lakers for the second year in a row.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
C: As an LA expatriate who came to love the Lakers when Magic was playing, I'll take that bet...A bottle of Napa Valley wine here- wondering if there's anything of comparable value in DC anyone would want
tounge.gif

F4iryder14

Reaction score
P.S.: YANKEES SUCK...
Agreed on the Yankees. Â I hear ya, Stu. Â I was born in Macomb, and with most of my family having actually grown up in Chicago I have been a Cubs fan since before I could speak (and Bears, Blackhawks, and Bulls). Â I must admit that I despised baseball (too slow, season too long) until I watched the Cubs in the playoffs last year and really enjoyed it. Â And after watching the great collapse of 2003 (I was too young to see the 1984, 1988, etc. ones) I can now say I have TRULY been christened a Cubs fan. Â
confused.gif
Kevin

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.S.: YANKEES SUCK...
Agreed on the Yankees. Â I hear ya, Stu. Â I was born in Macomb, and with most of my family having actually grown up in Chicago I have been a Cubs fan since before I could speak (and Bears, Blackhawks, and Bulls). Â I must admit that I despised baseball (too slow, season too long) until I watched the Cubs in the playoffs last year and really enjoyed it. Â And after watching the great collapse of 2003 (I was too young to see the 1984, 1988, etc. ones) I can now say I have TRULY been christened a Cubs fan. Â
confused.gif
Kevin
'84 was more cruel than last year. In '84, it came out of the blue and the Cubs had been **** for so many years that it was this amazing thing and then, Doh., ground ball through Leon Durham's legs and it's over. Last year, while a spectacular collapse, it wasn't as bad, because the Cubs have been building a good team for a while now, and there is a sense they will be good for a few years. But '84, oh God that hurt.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how Dusty Baker does there. I think he had a great run here in SF. Unfortunately many people point to his perceived gaffes in the Mets Series in 2000, the World Series in 2002, and the tax problems someone leaked to the press on his way out.

I, for one, think he's a great manager, and wish him all the best there in Chicago.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AC: As an LA expatriate who came to love the Lakers when Magic was playing, I'll take that bet...A bottle of Napa Valley wine here- wondering if there's anything of comparable value in DC anyone would want Â
tounge.gif
Unfortunately, DC does not produce anything of value, unless you count legislation. Â We can make the bet dinner if your book tour takes you to DC in the near future.

NavyStyles

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads