1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Baseball caps

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Gihad, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Gihad

Gihad Member

Do you wear them? Find them played out or even a bit juvenile?

I never really cared for the more outlandish color designs or cartoony logos some street wear brands usually manufacture; but I have been into some more customized team caps.

2. CoconutBanana

CoconutBanana Senior member

Yes I wear baseball caps quite often but this is because I'm a huge fan of the Oakland A's.

3. andrew96

andrew96 Senior member

Only when fishing.

4. robbie

robbie Senior member

I really don't look that great in them, but I like wearing them.

You definitely have to go with fitted. I have an ebbets field cap I really like. I'd also really like this Norse Projects cap:

[​IMG]

5. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

I only have one, and it's a vintage 1947 Pirate cap.

6. Logan

Logan Senior member

I've got an Etnies cap from 2007 and it is by far the best hat I have ever owned. I look great in hats with the right clothes. Plus, if I don't do something to my hair I wear it out.

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I have curly hair so if I dont put product in my hair it looks bad, so yes I do wear them. When I am in the city I usually wear a very worn hat that has sentimental value to me. When I am in the country I wear a Carhartt Realtree hardwood hat, its my work hat more or less. Ive worn them with shorts and polos and shorts and oxfords and so far I do not think it looks horrible. I feel that it some sort of bad ass affect. lol

8. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Senior member

Do you wear them? Find them played out or even a bit juvenile?

I never really cared for the more outlandish color designs or cartoony logos some street wear brands usually manufacture; but I have been into some more customized team caps.

A lot of people on this forum won't touch caps with a ten-foot pole. I think on the right person they look alright, but that person is definitely not me. [​IMG]

9. sazon

sazon Senior member

they're absolutely essential for me when playing baseball

10. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

I want a billionaire boys club flat top cap for funzies.

12. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Yes...when trying to avoid the paparazzi.

13. gotlighters

gotlighters Senior member

i have a couple new eras that I barely wear, but it still works w/ my style.

14. dougie

dougie Senior member

International sign for Dude Who Hasn't Bathed.

15. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

no but i kinda want a supreme VSOP snap back and a camp hat

16. Logan

Logan Senior member

International sign for Dude Who Hasn't Bathed.

lol [​IMG]

17. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Senior member

Those vintage style Cooperstown caps are awesome but real hard to find. Those are the only ones I like.

18. East2West

East2West Senior member

I saw a Lanvin cap today for around six hundred

19. Mbogo

Mbogo Senior member

I wear them, but only for pure function. I think the look in general is really lame- a high school boys' thing. And peel the damned stickers off them, for crying out loud! I always wondered what paragon of pop culture style started that retarded trend.

But, being semi-bald and fair skinned, I burn to a crisp in the summer and freeze in the winter. So a decent ballcap with a sports logo is my go-to head cover, but only because I couldn't find a decent fitted one without a logo at a price I was willing to pay. For serious time outdoors, like working in the tropics, or hiking, or spending a day on the water, I wear a broader-brimmed hat, either a boonie or a Tilley, neither of which I like the look of much.

The problem is that for most outdoor activities, which tend to be casual, a straw hat or fedora or anything cooler looks really contrived and out of place to me. For instance, if I went on a bike ride wearing a fedora, I'd look like a major dork, as would anyone.

20. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Those vintage style Cooperstown caps are awesome but real hard to find. Those are the only ones I like.

Cooperstown Ball Cap closed.[​IMG] I want to find a decent flannel cap without a logo, but no luck so far.