Baseball caps getting crumpled on the right side

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lokman, Aug 7, 2010.

1. lokman

lokman Member

Hello folks!

First of all - I'm new here so if I do something wrong - please be gentle! [​IMG]

My problem is that all my baseball caps are getting crumpled on their right side so I thought I'd ask if someone has run into the same problem or has any idea why that might be happening as Google didn't return any useful results.

My head as far as I can tell looks perfectly round, my haircut is pretty short (7mm) so I really don't see why would the caps get crumpled and especially always on the right side.

When I try them on in the store they look just fine. After I wear them a couple of times they get crumpled. It's either something to do with my head's size or the way I store the hats (I just put them on the shelf).

Thanks!

2. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior member

What do you mean crumpled? Do you mean wrinkled? Or is it literally caving in whilst you wear it?

3. lokman

lokman Member

What do you mean crumpled? Do you mean wrinkled? Or is it literally caving in whilst you wear it?

It's more of a caving, yes.

4. Rada

Rada Senior member

how high are you wearing the hats? do you mean like Joe Torre crumpled? [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

[​IMG]

?

6. lokman

lokman Member

how high are you wearing the hats? do you mean like Joe Torre crumpled? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yes, the same thing, only it's more on the front-right side rather than on the center-right side like this guy... I'm wearing it just above my ears - not the tip of them but where they're attached to my head. I can feel there's no more than 2-3 millimeters between the hat and my scull at the front left side which sits perfectly.

7. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior member

Yes, the same thing, only it's more on the front-right side rather than on the center-right side like this guy...

I'm wearing it just above my ears. I can feel there's no more than 2-3 millimeters between the hat and my scull at the front left side which sits perfectly.

It could be the construction: it wouldn't be out of this world to think that a baseball cap has some sections that are either not symmetrical, poorly sewn, misaligned, etc. Does this happen with all your caps or just one in particular?

8. Rada

Rada Senior member

if this is all your caps then I don't know what to tell you... it must just be your head. If it's just a few of them then it could be the quality. Are you buying legit, fitted New Era 59FIFTY caps?

Do you take out that cardboard insert that goes in the hat? if so I'd just leave it in unless you really crease the bill

9. lokman

lokman Member

It could be the construction: it wouldn't be out of this world to think that a baseball cap has some sections that are either not symmetrical, poorly sewn, misaligned, etc. Does this happen with all your caps or just one in particular?

All caps yes. I have one that is made of softer and thinner material and it doesn't get caved, rather wrinkled... but again on the front-right side.

10. lokman

lokman Member

11. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

do you tilt your cap to the right?

12. jackgibbs

jackgibbs Active Member

have you tried sizing up?

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Try a pith helmet instead. Harder shell than the sock that you inhabit.

- B

14. lokman

lokman Member

do you tilt your cap to the right?
    Nope - I wear it straight.

have you tried sizing up?
    No - but then I'm a pretty small guy so it never occurred that I might have a big head and those hats all says "one size fits most/all".

Thanks for the input folks - I really appreciate it. Guess I'll just keep buying hats and maybe I'll find out what the problem is [​IMG]

15. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Do you come home bent and fall asleep with them on???