• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barton Perriera Sunglasses

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have them yet? I just special ordered a pair of the CRUSADER in Gun Metal and Titanium. The company is about a year old and was started by two former Oliver Peoples execs.

www.bartonperreira.com

The first pic is of the CRUSADER, however in a different color than I ordered. I also really dig the Swindler, think I might ask for that as a holiday gift
biggrin.gif

6a00df351ed663883400e553b158a48834-500wi

barton_perreira_site.jpg

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I'm sorry but those are ugly and tacky as hell

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well for good measure I did not get the second ones pictured, and of course you are entitled to your opinion. Many websites (take that for what it's worth) think that they are one of the hottest new sunglasses out this year.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
in silver i think they are kind of douchey looking, BUT in gold they would take on a more 70's vintage look and would be quite acceptable. perhaps thats why i like the first pair better. i don't like that wire mesh so much on the second.

i just looked at the rest of them and apart from being new, i don't see anything that sets em apart. they look like the exact same updated aviator styles they were making for OP and mosley tribes. they are nice though. i like the earheart, altera, swindler, and acheron - bc again they look like the dirty 70's haha.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
Well for good measure I did not get the second ones pictured, and of course you are entitled to your opinion. Many websites (take that for what it's worth) think that they are one of the hottest new sunglasses out this year.

the first pair isn't as bad as the second, but the 'bridge grill' and the contrasting ear tips are annoying. i do like their sleeked aviator shape though.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are not new this year, been out for a bit now. I grabbed a pair last year quality is decent and I liked the look but wayyyy over priced, mine were around $525, wore em for about a month then got sick of the styling and sold. BTW resale on these sucks, no one knows who they are so no one is going to pay close to what retail is, I lost over $300 on resale...but I learned my lesson.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
the first pair isn't as bad as the second, but the 'bridge grill' and the contrasting ear tips are annoying. i do like their sleeked aviator shape though.

I hear ya man. When I first say the pic of them I wasn;t too into them either, but when I tried them on they were pretty comfortable. That being said I probably won't end up getting them since I am getting the aviators and would likely get a plastic pair as my next purchase, not another pair of aviators.

I think you guys will start hearing and seeing more Barton Perrieras in the near future. I think with the quality of Oliver Peoples going down somewhat people in the market for higher end sunglasses with out tacky logos and crap plastered all over them will look towards Barton Perreria. Sure Mosely Tribes, Tom Ford, etc makes some great designs, I think you'll start seeing more BP's out there too. Just my .02.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads