Barrett Shoes..........Any info is appreciated!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by I4Fashion, Sep 11, 2006.

1. I4Fashion

I4Fashion Member

I like Barrett shoes a lot. I have a few pairs of slip on shoes. Very stylish. I got them from a consignment shop so I don't know much about them. Not much information on the web so any help will be appreciated!

2. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like Barrett shoes a lot. I have a few pairs of slip on shoes. Very stylish. I got them from a consignment shop so I don't know much about them. Not much information on the web so any help will be appreciated!

I bought three pairs from Wilkes and another two from a store in Burlingame on my trip back to the Bay Area in May of this year. I'm not so educated on the construction of shoes, but given the price and the stores they were sold in, I would venture to guess they are very well made. The leather creases beautifully and gracefully. I would get them again in a heart beat.

3. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Do you mean Barratts?

If you mean Barratts, then I have to say that they're not very good shoes at all. Cheap english high street brand.

4. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

If you mean Barratts, then I have to say that they're not very good shoes at all. Cheap english high street brand.

I've seen these sold in Japan and was not terribly impressed with either the design or construction. Not something I would buy.

Barrett shoes look like a far higher quality shoe. It's worth making the distinction.

5. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

I've seen these sold in Japan and was not terribly impressed with either the design or construction. Not something I would buy.

Barrett shoes look like a far higher quality shoe. It's worth making the distinction.

hmmm, much nicer [​IMG]

6. I4Fashion

I4Fashion Member

No, actually I had it correct with Barrett. These shoes are Italian made and very sleek.....the loafers I have, at any rate.

Thanks again for all of the info.

Ciao

7. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

You can find them at Louis Boston as well.

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

They are well made with good leather, but honestly a lot of their models are very contrived. They get too carried away with the stitching and trying to make them look unique. They usually just look tacky imo. For instance they'll do a mock bevelled waist with the sole extending halfway up the side of the shoe. I don't like them.

9. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Really??? Currently?

The brand is Barrett.

http://www.barrett.it/

Good shoes. I think the Santoni midrange Goodyear welted line is a better value, but the Barretts are still pretty decent shoe for the money.

10. kabert

kabert Senior member

Sky Valet Handmade Shoes in Washington, DC, also carries a few Barrett shoes -- @ 3 models. There's one I'm always drawn to -- a sleek, beautifully antiqued lace-up. I'd compare it to Berluti. They are not cheap!