• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barracuda Harrington jacket

Splash Pitman

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new jacket and as I'm in Australia l don't have the luxury of trying one on before I buy one online so I'd like someone that is about my size give me some feedback on sizeing .
I'm a medium in most every top I wear , all my tags say 36 but my chest measures 98 cm ( I like snug fit ) , I'm 6 ft tall if that matters .
Cheers .
Ps . Iv found a site that has them on sale for $300.00 au free WW shipping if anyone else is looking but the price has locked them out .

papado

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new jacket and as I'm in Australia l don't have the luxury of trying one on before I buy one online so I'd like someone that is about my size give me some feedback on sizeing .
I'm a medium in most every top I wear , all my tags say 36 but my chest measures 98 cm ( I like snug fit ) , I'm 6 ft tall if that matters .
Cheers .
Ps . Iv found a site that has them on sale for $300.00 au free WW shipping if anyone else is looking but the price has locked them out .

My advice is based on the fact I have the Baracuta G9 (the slim fit one; with elastic cuffs and bottom):

For suits I normally wear a US42 or EU52/54 depending on the brand and fit/model. My chest measures right around 42 inches (~106 CM) at the standard measuring point (have a little but of muscle so over the broadest part I would be 43-44 inches [109-111 CM]). My G9 is a UK 44 and I would consider it a slim fit. I could technically fit into the 42 but highly doubt it would a comfortable or useful.

As you say your chest is 98CM, I think you'd actually have the best results with UK40 (100CM) model.

Splash Pitman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but l pulled the trigger the other day ' video purchased the G4 in a 38 due to a few things iv read saying to size down if you don't intend to layer , I figured this and I'm not likely to ever zip it up .
Anyway I'll post my thoughts on my fitt when it arrives .
Cheers

papado

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but l pulled the trigger the other day ' video purchased the G4 in a 38 due to a few things iv read saying to size down if you don't intend to layer , I figured this and I'm not likely to ever zip it up .
Anyway I'll post my thoughts on my fitt when it arrives .
Cheers

If it's the G4 then you should probably be good with the 38; had it been the G9 I''d say you'd need the 40. Let us know how it goes!

Splash Pitman

Reaction score
Ok so the jacket arrived today and fits like a glove , not too loose not overly tight , as stated I sized down and also it's the slim fitt , I'm very pleased .
It's made in England so my $370 Au was well spent when iv not seen one under $500 elsewhere .
So if you are after a bargain " End " have the G9 for $305.00 Au £170 and the G4 for Au $370.00 £207.00 bargain .
And to all those haters saying the barracuda is baggy in the arms " do you even lift !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads