• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baroni / Danielle Suits (Long)

cecklb

Reaction score
I have seen a few threads on here about these suits. In fact, I checked the thoughts here before ordering one. I needed a Solid Navy Suit and did not want to pay $1,500.00 for a Canali or Corneliani or $2,200 for a Zegna as I recently opened a new business. and am short cash.

This is my first post here, but I have seen people's comments and questions about these suits and wanted to give my thoughts.

As far as fit is concerned, I am the pattern model for a 42L. The only adjustments I ever need is the hem/cuff of the pants and sleeve length. I ordered two pairs of pants and one jacket ($355 for all). Just got back from my tailor's. The only adjustments are the sleeve length and cuff/hem. Thus, the suit fit true to size.

I have three Corneliani Suits and two Canali suits. Before getting the suit from Jeff at Wizard, I got fitted for a Signature Gold solid navy suit that would have been about $330.00 due to 70% off.

The Danielle / Baroni suit is a great suit for the money. It looks and wears way nicer than the Joseph Banks - not even close. The materials may be the same or close, but the suit simply feels more like a Corneliani and drapes without being stiff, unlike the Banks suit. Also, the pants fit well through the buttocks; whereas, it seems Banks suits have a very long crotch and to much material around the buttocks. Lastly, Banks uses a center vent - which I hate. It looks cheap and is not attractive. The Baroni / Danielle has side vents.

The only detail that differs between the Baroni / Danielle and my Cornelianis or Canalis is the keyhole button on the lapel. Other than that, the suit appears very solidly constructed, and first glance, the suits are similar.

Jeff stated that Corneliani has some interest in the manufaturer of the Baroni / Danielle. I do not know whether that is true, but the cut of the jacket and the cut of the pleated pants are exactly the same as a Corneliani I purchased from Sax in November of 2009. The shoulders fit like a Corneliani - not a Canali (i.e. these suits have slightly less padding than a Canali).

I did not think that the buttons looked different in quality from the Corneliani, but I do not know much about buttons. They certainly matched the material in the suit.

The material (allegedly super 150's which it may be) is good quality. It is not Zanella or Zegna material. BUT IT IS DEFINITELY NOT DEPARTMENT STORE. Probably very close to the material in a Corneliani, and I doubt 99% of Americans would notice any difference at all.

Overall, at $280 for the suit plus $85 for a second matching pair of pants, this suit is a great deal. I would buy one of these before I would buy anything from Banks, Joseph Abboud, or Hart Schaffner & Marx. I have never purchased anyting from Brooks Brothers so I don't know about them. I would buy one of these before Men's Warehouse or virtually any other department store suit. If money is no object, then certainly Zegna, bespoke of other high end suit is probably what you should get. But I will consider these suits before plunking down $900 for a sale Canali or Corneliani.

Hope this helps you if you were ever curious about these suits. If you have any questions, I will be happy to respond.

P.S. Jeff was very customer oriented and responded to several emails I sent him asking questions about the suit. Also, he did ship timely. I think the shipping charge was $20 to Florida.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spam_4_types.jpg

cecklb

Reaction score
Not spam at all. People like you ruin these boards. What proof do you want. I read the posts on here about the suit. I was pretty happy about it.

You want to know who I am, go to www.gonzalezcartwright.com

Call me at my office. People like you waste other people's time.

I was just trying to help.

BTW, that's a Canali I am wearing in the photo. And the tie is Brioni.

I think it is you who spam the boards.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
spam[1].gif

Morelikely top be advertising. Any new poster who talks generously about a supplier ir probably an agent for or indeed the supplier in person.

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
What did your tailor/alterer say about the suit when you took it in?

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So when you met the marsupial of Aahs at college, did you fathom how great his suits would be 10 years later?

A lawyer who doesn't understand the problem with spamming... ****

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys can be a bunch of A-holes some times. Actually a lot of the times.

cecklb

Reaction score
I tried to give an honest post. It seems like you all have agendas.

I am willing to give my website and my identity, while you sit behind your computers and spam this board with your put downs.

I thought this board was to exchange ideas. I am clearly mistaken. I had a good experience with this suit and wanted to share y thoughts and experiences.

You are clearly not interested. I have no interest in Wizard, his company and have never met him.

I only wrote this post because the posts on here were helpful to me.

I have clearly wasted my time with people on this board who wish to make it uncomfortable for others.

cecklb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken

"It fits well. You need sleeves and and cuffs. Otherwise the suit fitts you well." I didn't ask beyond the fitting.

You can look him up at Guido's tailor on Ocean in Lantana Florida if you want to ask him.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken

bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
You guys can be a bunch of A-holes some times. Actually a lot of the times.

I think that is becoming the new definition of SF Approved.

wetnose

Reaction score
I'm glad that you had a good experience with Jeff. I did buy a M Valentino suit from him. Cut of the jacket is great, but the material was utter rubbish. The pants draped oddly and I just tossed it as a result.

I also bought a cashmere blazer and I returned it. Something about the cut was odd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads