1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Baron Wells

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Apr 21, 2010.

1. skrz

skrz Senior member

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. allyone

allyone Member

Got the village slim chinos in canvas. Good lord, these things are nice. The flecks on the fabric are a really nice touch. They fit good too, but I feel a little insecure with the thinness at the crotch. Oh well, gonna live with it.

I got a dirt stain on the knee, though. I haven't had experience with washing and cleaning canvas pants. How should I clean them? I feel like I made my situation worse by taking my finger, wetting it with water, and attempting to rub the stain out. Help!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Canvas is typically meant to get beat up. Just flip in inside out and wash them if you must.

4. meso

meso Senior member

Throw them out!

5. Dan189

Dan189 Active Member

-

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  6. jimtology

jimtology Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experience with the returns lately?
    I returned a pair of slim chinos 2 weeks ago and I've called and e-mailed them. They didn't pick up the phone and I haven't received a response.

7. Samir

Samir Senior member

^^^ That sucks. I was actually going to order a couple chinos soon but the sizing's iffy, so I hope you get a response soon.

Maybe I'm missing something but the measurements on the Slim Chinos seem completely off, especially for the smaller sizes. They also list 28s in the Village models as having shorter inseams than 26s or 30s.
    I live in VA as well, have you had to retire these due to our current weather? I was hoping they'd be good for the summer...

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  8. jimtology

jimtology Well-Known Member

I just a got a reply,so it's all good. I don't know if it's because I posted here though,haha.

9. Tequila

Tequila Well-Known Member

No, they're just slow. Like, super super super slow. Once you get through the customer service is good though.

10. Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson Member

Hey Guys,

If you're in the UK or Europe we're having a small summer sale and a few Baron Wells items are included. A couple of long sleeve shirts, one short sleeve shirt and a pair of chinos.

You can see the selection here : http://shop.the189.com/collections/baron-wells

Please feel free to get in touch if you've got any queries by emailing shop@the189.com

Have a great day,
    Mark

11. thoogsby

thoogsby Senior member

Just pulled the trigger on the waxwear parka in a L and think I probably should have gone for an XL. Oh well.

12. Samir

Samir Senior member

When does Baron Wells debut stuff for new seasons? It feels like they haven't added anything new since they updated their website, and I haven't seen any previews / lookbooks for anything to come.

13. Samir

Samir Senior member

Tried out a pair of the Village taper. I think the cut could grow on me but I really dislike the front pockets, so restricting. Sending them back.

Neighbor said BW didn't make a fall collection. Wonder if the brand is done? Really wish I had jumped on the wool parka when it was still available.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  14. rainman32

rainman32 New Member

I was about to order a pair of 34 Village Slim but I noticed the inseam is only 30, which seams kind of odd. Could the 7.25 hem be let out to make a total inseam of 32?
    Or would this look weird because of the taped seams? Meaning they wouldn't be able to be lengthened.

15. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

16. Samir

Samir Senior member

I think you can put in your orders directly on the website: http://baron-wells.com/development

They sent out an email about it last month. As far as I can tell, they haven't made any efforts to advertise the Kickstarter project.