1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Baron Wells

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Apr 21, 2010.

1. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Prices are very reasonable, sale prices will be ridic

2. thoogsby

thoogsby Senior member

Serious bias towards shorter folks on those pants. Bummer.

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

super slim/cropped is kind of the point of BW. plenty of clothes out there for big guys.

1 person likes this.
  4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

You guys beat me to it, but I like the site redesign, a huge step up from the old one. Here is a link to some runway pics of the Spring/Summer 2012 collection from Surf Collective NYC: http://surfcollectivenyc.com/surf-c...gen-art-many-firsts-for-a-mighty-great-brand/

I picked up two reverse tees and a blue oxford the other day. I'll give an update when I get them in.

I like the linen pants, but need a sale or a discount to make a run at the moment, but they are in my radar.

Sweet. I have those in mind as well so looking forward to hear your experience with them.

My first thoughts were these as well. I thought it was a glitch in the new site, but those prices are really damn good for made in NYC goods and from the pics it doesn't look like they sacrificed any detailing from the last few season's, in fact they even added MoP buttons to some of the button downs and even those are at $118.

I have the black waxed parka from this past FW11 and it's been great. Slim fit and has held up brilliantly through rain storms. A word of caution though, the outerwear runs very slim. I'm a small in most brands including BW shirts and had to size up to a medium and it still fits slim. The small was way tight.

5. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Wow, much lower price. Is production still in NYC? LMK how those pants are Teger and if the waist measurements are accurate.

6. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Love the new site. Placed an order yesterday for the waxed shell jacket and skinny village pants. Spoke with customer service and they were incredible too. Can't wait.

7. kevopinko

kevopinko Member

NEW SIZING? I love that new Parka. I normally wear a small in Baron Wells. Thoughts on sizing up for the Parka?

8. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Received my stuff today. I'm a normal XS / 28 waist, for reference.

The skinny trousers in 28 fit better than any pant I've found so far, right up there with size 26 APC PS. The material is perfect and they're light enough for summer. Extremely happy with these.

I also grabbed the shell parka in XXS, deciding to size down. It's a fantastic spring jacket. The XXS is great, but I would not be able to layer well with it done up. This is fine for spring summer. The material is somewhat waxy and definitely waterproof. It seems it'll grow to develop it's own sort of patina with time. The cork buttons are a great touch. Fits like a dream.

I'm really, really happy with Baron Wells. The measurements help so much and the price is totally reasonable. Before them I probably would have tried some Jcrew stuff and it would have cost more and not fit as well.

Emailed the owner and gave him my regards. Really hoping they release the skinny trousers in new colours, and keep releasing new outerwear. Definitely going to order again.

Also, the package came marked down as gift. Bonus round.

9. irbe

irbe Senior member

^Are you Canada? If so guessing you didn't get hit with customs / brokerage?

10. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

I am in Canada, no fees whatsoever. I may or may not have been assured by someone working there that all Int'l packages are treated as such ;)

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

where r my pants!

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

what number did you call? I tried the number listed on their site but it's to some random person...

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

so it turned out my pants came like a week ago but my stupid neighbor had them all this time. anyway, got em, and they fit pretty well. they're pretty loose in the thigh/top block, but with a heavy taper... pretty sure I'll keep em. the weight isn't that light though, I wouldn't wear them on anything hotter than upper 70s.

14. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

I just emailed them.

15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Are the site measurements accurate?

16. thoogsby

thoogsby Senior member

Did anyone end up getting one of the waxwear jackets? I would love to see some pictures.

17. death shot

death shot Senior member

Has anybody purchased the drawstring pants that are on their site?

18. Samir

Samir Senior member

Last March, Baron Wells ran a 70% off $200+ sale. Anything remotely close this year would be amazing.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  19. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Highly doubt they will have any sale bigger than 30%, their prices now are about the same as when they were having the sales. Right now their price to fit/quality is extremely good.

20. Danzig

Danzig New Member

Hi!

Has anyone got any opinon on the "studio" shirt?