1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Baron Wells

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Apr 21, 2010.

1. kevopinko

kevopinko Member

Hate to bring this old thing back, but could any of you give me a spot on neck measurement for a size small?

Thanks!

2. Meis

Meis Senior member

Hate to bring this old thing back, but could any of you give me a spot on neck measurement for a size small?

Thanks!

they have measurements on their site and they're pretty accurate.

3. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

LOL at brands showing pictures of clothes that don't fit for their fit guide [​IMG]

4. kevopinko

kevopinko Member

Oh thanks, you mentioned the chest size was a smaller then listed, wasn't sure if the neck size was too.

5. Meis

Meis Senior member

LOL at brands showing pictures of clothes that don't fit for their fit guide [​IMG]

lol yeah. I guess I can understand not hemming the pants (so they can still be sold as merchandise), but really - you took all the time and effort to take pics for your website but couldn't spend an extra 15 seconds to fix the shirt tuck?

6. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

lol yeah. I guess I can understand not hemming the pants (so they can still be sold as merchandise), but really - you took all the time and effort to take pics for your website but couldn't spend an extra 15 seconds to fix the shirt tuck?

[​IMG] I'm not talking about the shirt tuck. This shirt does not fit this guy. It's debatable whether the shoulders fit (I say they're too small for him) but it's not even debatable that the sleeves are at least 1" short for him.

7. kevopinko

kevopinko Member

Dang, a 37 total or 18.5 inch shirt fits me like perfect, no idea if I should go up or down. But those shirts are so nice...

8. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

the measurements on their site are pretty accurate. The only exception is the ptp- i measured 19 for my small not 19.75... they probably measure all fabric rather than seam to seam

Wait, I thought the standard P2P measurement was taken edge to edge, not seam to seam.. (because that gives you the true girth, whereas doubling seam to seam is useless)

9. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Not groundbreaking news and might not tickle many's fancies, but a handful of shirts, chinos, and accessories from this SS season on sale for nice prices on Gilt today. Just FYI.

10. babump

babump Senior member

^I picked up the contrast pocket shirts in grey and blue with some Gilt creds I had leftover.

11. phreak

phreak Senior member

I have a brown cotton waxed parka from BW and it's great. Very substantial fabric, OK lining, big solid buttons

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Thanks, got the navy striped eaton shirt...will see how it is when it gets here...

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Thanks, got the navy striped eaton shirt...will see how it is when it gets here...

After seeing your fit pic of the WvG BD shirts, I think you'll find the fit on these a bit more flattering for your size. I own two of their shirts and they fit very well, slim not tight. I also like the rounded collars. They work well untucked.

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

After seeing your fit pic of the WvG BD shirts, I think you'll find the fit on these a bit more flattering for your size. I own two of their shirts and they fit very well, slim not tight. I also like the rounded collars. They work well untucked.

Did you get an M for BW?

Yea, for the WvG, I decided to size up to an L--not perfect (had to get sleeves taken in and collar a bit big), but a better fit. fyi, a few people had dibs on the M (popular size I suppose), so I had to give them first crack...

15. irbe

irbe Senior member

Are the lengths as short as BoO? Shirts looks untuckable in the fit pics

16. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Did you get an M for BW?

Yea, for the WvG, I decided to size up to an L--not perfect (had to get sleeves taken in and collar a bit big), but a better fit. fyi, a few people had dibs on the M (popular size I suppose), so I had to give them first crack...

TTS. I am a small in most brands and wear a small in BW. I enjoy the shirts for caual wear (especially in hot weather) since they use breathable fabrics and the fit is not too slim. I really like them. I think you normally go medium right? If so, you should be good.

They may be a touch longer, but the side hems don't ride as high. I can wear them tucked and untucked just the same at 5'8".

17. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Does anyone know if they'll do that insane 70% off sale again? I'm gutted to have missed those burnt orange chinos from last season [​IMG]

18. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Does anyone know if they'll do that insane 70% off sale again? I'm gutted to have missed those burnt orange chinos from last season [​IMG]

Plenty of sizes still available for everything. Why not buy through Gilt and leave the worries behind?

19. Meis

Meis Senior member

^I picked up the contrast pocket shirts in grey and blue with some Gilt creds I had leftover.
    me too [​IMG] though unfortunately I'm probably going to sell/return the navy/white one b/c I unfortunately I had to buy on my phone since I was at work and on the tiny screen I didn't realize that the pocket was striped and not solid[​IMG]
    TTS. I am a small in most brands and wear a small in BW. I enjoy the shirts for caual wear (especially in hot weather) since they use breathable fabrics and the fit is not too slim. I really like them. I think you normally go medium right? If so, you should be good. They may be a touch longer, but the side hems don't ride as high. I can wear them tucked and untucked just the same at 5'8".
    This. The sides don't run as high, the issues people usually have with tucking BoO isn't the overall length, but the high cut sides. That said I rarely tuck my BW shirts even though I can, b/c at least for me they poof out in the back when tucked... I've been thinking of taking the shirt I have up for sale and having some fabric taken out of the back and see if that fixes it.
    They might, but even if they do I wouldn't wait for it... most of the things you want will probably be gone by the time they do that kind of sale. Also, they have discount codes for 20-30% off pretty often

20. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Plenty of sizes still available for everything. Why not buy through Gilt and leave the worries behind?

I have like $60 in Gilt credit, and for some reason I can't work up the courage to use it. Pathetic, I know