• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barney's warehouse sale

Buster

Reaction score
Any early impressions?
I only recently joined the forum (so, for example was not so keen on these sales before) but I looking for a charcoal suit, preferably an italian high-end one. I am 36R, (can do probably with 38s and most substantial alterations). Do you think I can find anything of this type there?
How are the lines?

Thanks
B

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
It's tough to say...If your hoping to find a choice of Brioni, Kiton, Zegna etc.... It's highly unlikely... Usually just a handfull mixed in here and there...Last year they had a ton of Hickey's lower line, Boss etc.... It's really hit or miss...

DPDNYC

Reaction score
What are the dates for this year's sale? For some reason I haven't receieved a postcard.
DPD

Buster

Reaction score
Started today: 8am-9pm. (tomorrow, same hours)
Until March 6th (10am-8pm , I think)

B

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heeeey Brother.
In LA, it started last weekend on the 10th.  I showed up on Tuesday, and I swear, the sale gets worse and worse every year.  I was hoping a couple of C&J Handgrades would slip through but no luck.  In fact, this is the worst selection of shoes I've ever seen at a BWS.

I saw lots of Rogan t's, and Levis premium jeans.  In dress shirts, the only non-Barneys I saw were Missoni and Lorenzini.  Didn't see anything remotely interesting, and further reductions hadn't started yet (hard for me to get excited about 50% off).  I'll probably stop by again at the end of the week for further reductions...pray for mojo.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Went to the NY one this morning, but I had a specific agenda, and limited time. I was looking for an overcoat, really just glanced at everything else. Didn't find what I wanted at all, and was not impressed. Lots of house brand, with a few designers mixed in here and there. Place wasn't as mobbed as I expected though.

Incidentally, I still need an overcoat. Anyone know if Helmut Lang will have some from Fall/Winter on sale now?

Dan

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the NY one this morning, but I had a specific agenda, and limited time. I was looking for an overcoat, really just glanced at everything else. Didn't find what I wanted at all, and was not impressed. Lots of house brand, with a few designers mixed in here and there. Place wasn't as mobbed as I expected though.

Incidentally, I still need an overcoat. Anyone know if Helmut Lang will have some from Fall/Winter on sale now?

Dan
Bergdorfs still have sale overcoats--very few though. You might call and ask.

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
Well, stopped in on my way home from work...GARBAGE.... Most of the stuff was left over from the fall sale... Same outdated Armani suits for $899 old Boss and Hickey... Actually they most box this stuff up and drag it out for just the Warehouse sale, they had a brown Issaia in 4-5 sizes that was there last fall and still had the red mark down price on the tag... Pants were armani, hickey etc...a few Zanella, no Incotex that I could find in any size some Canali and a ton of the house brand...Ties were almost all house brand as were the dress shirts...Shoes looked as if they had been through hell and back...
I was at the Barney's store in NYC the final day of there sale and none of that stuff made it to the warehouse sale like they claim... They had plenty of Kiton, Oxxford, Brioni, D&G, Zegna etc, at closing. However this stuff wasn't there today...
I am sure if you really dug around you could find something but not sure it's worth it...
Funny side note: A lady who I take it must have been there for the first time ever through an insane fit that sime guy was dropping his pants in the aisle to try on a suit, screaming and yelling for security calling the guy a f@#&ing pig etc...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads